Author Topic: (Another) Newbie...ED35 finally here!  (Read 22707 times)

Offline wigit

• I live here
Re: (Another) Newbie just ordered!
« Reply #30 on: 14 May 2012, 21:55 »
mine is the only one my dealer has sold (they have a demo in the group) and don't expect to sell another, playing a more long term game with this one (given the fluctuations in year 1 values) as i have the sh'tty for the city for daily abuse, hoping they sell less than 222 so i can wind my wife up i have the more exclusive car can't see them selling 2,300 like the Ed30

Offline Damo66

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 14 May 2012, 22:05 »
Here's hoping. Although longer term the Ed 30 held up well... :smiley:
Beetle (1975)
MK2 Golf GTI 16V
MK3 Golf GTI
Corrado G60
MK3 VR6
Passat Sport PDI
MK4 Golf GTI PDI 150
MK5 GTDI 140
MK5 Golf GTI
MK6 Golf R
MK6 Golf GTD
MK6 Golf GTI Ed 35
Beetle Sport TDI
MK7 Golf GTD

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 14 May 2012, 22:21 »
Here's hoping. Although longer term the Ed 30 held up well... :smiley:

agreed as are Pirelli residuals  :grin:

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #33 on: 14 May 2012, 22:24 »
Fingers crossed for when it comes to swapping time!
Carbon Grey Edition 35, DSG, ACC, Cruise Control, Luxury Pack, RCD 510, TPMS

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 17 May 2012, 12:47 »
RickS, do you think your delay could be to do with 4wd also? There's a lot of 4wd VAG cars now.

No Dave, not 4wd, it's definitely the DSG, apparently the Chinese market is going mad for cars with it on and it's putting the factory under pressure. I'm assured categorically that the Chinese are not getting priority though.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline RickS

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 17 May 2012, 12:51 »
That's not nice to hear RickS, do you keep pestering the dealer? I'd be ringing most days if mine's going to be that long getting the line!

Part of the issue on delivery is whether your dealer has specific allocation as this can effect the time for VW to give the dealer order confirmation. Some del ears may have cars on order which you can tweak the spec on (as we did with the Pirelli we bought what was to be their demo)

I speak to the dealer at least twice a week plus emails, they're not slacking. My order was accepted at the factory the week after I placed it. It's definitely the DSG that's causing hold ups; mines come back to week 24 from 27 but still not confirmed.
2012 R. Rising Blue 3 door DSG with 19" Talladega's, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, DCC, Rear Cam, Colour MFD, Lux pack, Storage pack, Service plan.

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 17 May 2012, 13:02 »

I speak to the dealer at least twice a week plus emails, they're not slacking. My order was accepted at the factory the week after I placed it. It's definitely the DSG that's causing hold ups; mines come back to week 24 from 27 but still not confirmed.

Week 24's only 3 weeks away, they should be able to almost confirm it by now surely?

Think my dealer's already getting fed up of me, only paid my deposit on Friday and been in 3 times since...the joys of passing on the way to work!

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 17 May 2012, 20:43 »

Week 24's only 3 weeks away, they should be able to almost confirm it by now surely?

Think my dealer's already getting fed up of me, only paid my deposit on Friday and been in 3 times since...the joys of passing on the way to work!

:grin: sounds as if your gonna have to ask your dealer for your com number soon...
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Big_Dave

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 18 May 2012, 00:22 »

:grin: sounds as if your gonna have to ask your dealer for your com number soon...

I'm assuming they can't issue that until there's a build date set? If so then they've got another 3 weeks of me!   :evil:

Offline Mr_Ed_35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 18 May 2012, 06:53 »

Now there's just the small matter of an up-to 5 month wait!  :sad:

Welcome to the forum Big Dave. If it's of any consolation to you regarding the wait, I ordered my Ed35 on 3rd Feb and I'm picking it up on Monday :smiley: :grin: :laugh:, so that's just 15 weeks and 3 days, a full 6 weeks ahead of the 5 month wait I was also quoted! So there's always hope of getting it quicker! I must admit though that the waiting is absolute agony, but it'll definitely be worth it in the end.

2012 5dr DSG Golf GTI Edition 35 in Tornado Red: ACC, Cruise Control, RNS510, 18" Watkins Glen Dark Steel Alloys, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, Mulit-function colour display, Storage pack, Luxury Pack, Side Airbags & Cobra Tracker - and last but not least a private plate!