Author Topic: Inlet manifold sensor problem  (Read 6230 times)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
Inlet manifold sensor problem
« on: 09 June 2013, 17:46 »
I put bluefin on my gti the other day, and after a couple of days the engine management light came on, I rang superchips as I thought that the bluefin may have caused this, but speaking with there technical people they said it had nothing to do with the bluefin! Bluefin handheld gizmo is telling me its fault code is p2015,The car is now returned to standard, still has the light on, and is going into the dealers on Tuesday, has anyone else had this issue with their car? Mines a 2009 dsg with 37500 on the clock and is 7 months bought from Vw Crewe, thanks guys.
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline Poached

• I live here
Re: Inlet manifold sensor problem
« Reply #1 on: 09 June 2013, 18:41 »

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 09 June 2013, 18:50 »
thats why i dont really like the idea of Bluefin, its not really custom to your engine..

I would always prefer a custom map....or at least by Revo.

Hope all goes well and you get it fixed mate  :smiley:
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Seahag250

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 10 June 2013, 13:33 »
I had the same issue after having a custom remap.  The issue is with either the flap or the flap sensor inside the manifold, the dealer replaced the inlet manifold under warranty as the part cannot be repaired. Doubt it is due to the remap just one of those things.

If you have any fueling issues once it is fixed get the car straight back to the dealer, my car developed a misfire on the way back from the dealers after the new inlet was fitted and was running on three cylinders.
RAC came out and could find no issue it just started up and ran ok so he put it down to one of the coil packs being loose. Two days out of warranty one of the injecters jammed open due to debris in the fuel line, could never prove it but guessing it was all related to when they changed the inlet, luckily VW paid most of the cost of the replacement.

Offline MBCGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 10 June 2013, 19:17 »
Had this the other day, took it into the dealer and they said they have fixed it but not replaced the inlet manifold. They said if it goes on again then it would be an £800 bill but due to being under warranty it could be replaced.
I've not spoken to the manager yet but will be calling tomorrow as I want it replaced if that is he case. If they know its going to go again then I don't understand why they don't just replace it.

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 11 June 2013, 18:36 »
My Cars at Leeds vw who have confirmed it is the inlet manifold sensor and the entire unit needs replacing at a cost of £630. The best bit is I bought the car 7 months ago from vw Crewe (nothing but problems with them, absolute terrible dealership) so I thought I would have the customary vw 12 months used car warranty! Yes I would but someone did not put the details on the system so the policy starts from today, the problem is vw Leeds are saying they can't fix the problem as the policy only started today and the problem was found before this, I am talking with vw customer care already because I have had a couple of issues with vw Crewe already and this has nearly tipped me over the edge! I wish I never bought the bloody car and I will never buy another vw as long as I have a hole in my arse!!
Rant over, just waiting to find out what happens next!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 11 June 2013, 18:47 »
My Cars at Leeds vw who have confirmed it is the inlet manifold sensor and the entire unit needs replacing at a cost of £630. The best bit is I bought the car 7 months ago from vw Crewe (nothing but problems with them, absolute terrible dealership) so I thought I would have the customary vw 12 months used car warranty! Yes I would but someone did not put the details on the system so the policy starts from today, the problem is vw Leeds are saying they can't fix the problem as the policy only started today and the problem was found before this, I am talking with vw customer care already because I have had a couple of issues with vw Crewe already and this has nearly tipped me over the edge! I wish I never bought the bloody car and I will never buy another vw as long as I have a hole in my arse!!
Rant over, just waiting to find out what happens next!

Shame to hear that mate, I bought mine from VW Bradford and they have been nothing short of excellent, They repair loads of minor bits for free for me a week after having the car...Foglight, doorseals, parking sensor, rear springs...

Stick with them mate, they are great cars, just need some love which im sure you will give it....the MK6 doesnt really have that many major problems, so once thats fixed (hopefully free) it will be a good runner.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 13 June 2013, 20:46 »
Finally got the car back from vw Leeds, got it sorted on the warranty that now has a year to run as they never activated it when i bought the car, new inlet manifold in place and bluefin re installed, running sweet touch wood!

Offline jhunter_83

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 14 June 2013, 14:05 »
Finally got the car back from vw Leeds, got it sorted on the warranty that now has a year to run as they never activated it when i bought the car, new inlet manifold in place and bluefin re installed, running sweet touch wood!

Glad to hear, i had to change the inlet manifold about a month after i bought the car. VW were good and replaced it under warranty. I now have bluefin installed on mine and what a change it makes
2010 Silver Golf GTi 5 Door, Poverty spec wheels, RCD510 Bluetooth and DAB, Pagid Discs and Tarox Strada Pads