Author Topic: 1.8 turbo conversion  (Read 14611 times)

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: 1.8 turbo conversion
« Reply #20 on: 15 October 2011, 00:19 »
Is that all from a vr? My 16v has just been recorded at 151mph at 7100rpm on my sat nav because i got lost on my private run way  :sad: (160+ish speedo went off so dont know) next month its being parked up for supercharger time :D

:undecided: Autocar roadtest recorded a top speed of 134mph so what has yours had done to be that quick  :huh:

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #21 on: 15 October 2011, 00:42 »
I've had 2 valves and both struggled to hit 130mph

I've done a 140 in a VR (they are good on the motorway)

The S3 bad car is just insane, I've had it to 150 with LOADS left to go ( ran out of road ) and this was on a uphill!! :shocked: :evil:

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #22 on: 15 October 2011, 07:17 »
I've had 2 valves and both struggled to hit 130mph

I've done a 140 in a VR (they are good on the motorway)

The S3 bad car is just insane, I've had it to 150 with LOADS left to go ( ran out of road ) and this was on a uphill!! :shocked: :evil:

Same as bud.....I got 131mph from my Valver and that was at its limit.

Is your S3 mapped?  A mate of mine has an Audi S3, lovely car.......An S3 engine in a MK3 Golf with the power going through the front wheel must give a huge grin factor!

Stainsey.....  I will call you a bit later bud, number will come up as witheld!!

Offline stainesy

• I live here
  • im not a master debater but i'm a cunning linguist
« Reply #23 on: 15 October 2011, 07:26 »
Ok fella. Yeah give me a bell when ever mate I'm up and awake with hangover now lol.

Offline stainesy

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 15 October 2011, 07:54 »
fastest iv been was in the my yellow t-5r and that was 162 but the roundabout on the private road came at me so had to start breaking. the amazing part was how fast it got up to that speed in.

:laugh: roundabouts are annoying on these private run ways im just glad mines the same size as the m5 or i'd have no chance  :sad: those t5-r's are emmense mate i wanted one once but unfortunately insurance destroyed my plans  :sad: now im happy paying £435 a year for a car that will polish off some new hot hatches  :smiley: its not the fastest by all means its not the best either but i love it for now and to see peoples faces in 20k cars thinking they will win by ease is priceless  :smiley:

yeah i loved the look on peoples faces when my yellow volvo estate destryed them.
this was my beast. spent thousands on here. was so proud of this car

Offline danny_p

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 16 October 2011, 00:37 »
those T5R volvos shift.   

for 20vt conversions  iirc some of the really eraly 150's used the same immob setup as the mk3 golfs  littel immob box on the data line between the ecu and obd port,  think it was the early audi A4  so can make conversion easyer  pitty nothing much else is usefull from the audi
all the VW's have gone bar 1.

Offline F17BAD

• Forum addict
  • Golf MTM S3 GTI TURBO
« Reply #26 on: 16 October 2011, 21:24 »

Is your S3 mapped?  A mate of mine has an Audi S3, lovely car.......An S3 engine in a MK3 Golf with the power going through the front wheel must give a huge grin factor!

it has a base map at the mo, so it is around 250bhp /280 odd ftlb, we are struggling to keep it held o the rolling road (its trying to jump off when the revs get to the top end  :evil:)

but carbon have a few ideas so its going back in a couple of weeks for custom mapping, the power will rise. next year its BIG turbo upgrade time

its a great car, MK3 shell copes well. It is stupid fast. i love it

Not no ordinary GTI....

House classics and Techno mixes:
https://soundcloud.com/bradkells
www.mixcloud.com/kells/

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 16 October 2011, 22:55 »
I always wonder when I see or hear about mk3s that have more power than mine, I know I dont have amazing power but I cant imagine a mk3 going faster it must be mental  :evil:
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Godzilla

• I live here
  • <<<VR6 MADNESS>>>
« Reply #28 on: 17 October 2011, 15:39 »
Stainsey....

These are some of the engines up for grabs on the VR6 forum......

1. Obd2 2.8 vr6 engine, cammed, Vortech V2 charger and united motorsports ecu running 280-300 bHP 155k @ £2,200

2. Obd1 2.8 vr6 engine c/w T3/4 turbo, short runner, intercooler, pipework and storm developments ecu running 350-400 BHP 135k @£2500

3. Obd1 2.9 corrado vr6 engine 145k £200

I think the Raddo engine would be a good choice as they are 190bhp standard and almost all of them when RR'd produce 195-200bhp.  Only thing is though all Raddo VR6 engines were OBD1's so dont know how the wiring/engine management would be on your 8v GTI?

Offline stainesy

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 17 October 2011, 17:38 »
Tbh mate if I was going to do a vr I'd rather buy one and swap my bits over than fcuk about with doing engine. Anyway scrap the idea of power I am now obsessed with getting some deep dish rims for my mk3 and I want to buy a mk2 to put in my garage and strip it down and rebuild it. After seeming some at the show I really want one again lol. And I will have one lol.