Author Topic: 1.4 TSi 160 Turbo failure  (Read 8591 times)

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
Re: 1.4 TSi 160 Turbo failure
« Reply #30 on: 18 March 2013, 16:09 »
Turbo sorted at total cost including turbo £350, car is being picked up next week. Bought a used A3 2.0T FSI Sport yesterday, can't wait to see the back of the Golf

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #31 on: 18 March 2013, 17:35 »
Glad its all sorted, but £350 to fix the turbo sounds quite cheap, whats the total bill?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #32 on: 18 March 2013, 18:52 »
Glad its all sorted, but £350 to fix the turbo sounds quite cheap, whats the total bill?

I took it to a friends garage and bought a used turbo off eBay and he fitted it, total cost £350. VW told me the propeller on the turbo had shattered and gone into the engine, it hadn't as my friend showed it me when he removed it. Also the car has had an ECU update and is so much slower than it was, VW applied this without telling me but I now get the gear indications on my MFD. It feels like they've lowered the BHP with the update, is that possible?

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 18 March 2013, 19:03 »
Glad to hear the saga has come to a end even if the outcome wasn't the best on your part, I'm sure you can't wait to see the back of the golf and start a new chapter with the Audi... :wink:
« Last Edit: 18 March 2013, 19:22 by Mr GTD »
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #34 on: 18 March 2013, 19:12 »
Glad to hear the saga has come to a end even if the outcome wasn't the best on your part, I'm sure you can't wait to see the back of the golf and start a new chapter with Audi... :wink:

Already loving the A3, just getting used to the DSG. Won't miss the Golf or the monthly payments  :cool:

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #35 on: 18 March 2013, 22:28 »
I don't understand how you can have a go at the dealer..... they have supplied that car from VW with a 3 year warranty, it has gone wrong after that which is not there fault. We all know how complicated cars are, you decided not to extend the warranty and yet blame them when it goes wrong and you have to pay to get it fixed? Why would you expect them to pay for it?

What warranty have you got with the Audi?
Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #36 on: 18 March 2013, 23:01 »
I don't understand how you can have a go at the dealer..... they have supplied that car from VW with a 3 year warranty, it has gone wrong after that which is not there fault. We all know how complicated cars are, you decided not to extend the warranty and yet blame them when it goes wrong and you have to pay to get it fixed? Why would you expect them to pay for it?

What warranty have you got with the Audi?

How can I not have a go at the dealer? I didn't expect the dealer to foot the bill, that's why I spoke to VWCS. I did expect the dealer to help me out with a courtesy car though seeing as I bought my last two cars from them, they wouldn't so my partner couldn't get to work for over a week. They also never returned my calls after they'd spoke to VWCS, they didn't want to know. They told me that the propellers on the turbo had shattered and gone into the engine so they wanted £570 to inspect the problem further yet when my friend took out the turbo they where still intact, so they lied about that. They then offered to take care of the repair and my finance if I bought a new car with them, thats a nice gestue eh? So your saying I should have to pay for it because I decided not to take the extended warranty out? Your talking out your arse mate, I had that car from brand new and 5 months after ownership the turbo went. Four years later the turbo went again, that's not right. The engine was problematic that's why it's been dropped from the MK7, the ECU update the dealer applied and didn't mention it to me has dropped the BHP of the car. I would buy another Golf but would not use the same dealership, they where rude and unhelpful when I had problems. Even the first time the turbo went and the car was smoking they told me it was because of the cold weather and that all cars do that, took me 3 times of going back before they accepted the turbo was gone. Would you be happy with that level of service???
« Last Edit: 19 March 2013, 07:25 by Aidy06 »

Offline evo1986

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #37 on: 19 March 2013, 09:29 »
Sorry mate I hadn't read that they had lied to you about the turbo that is not on and I would do something about it. Regarding courtesy cars its just one of those things the service dept will have a set amount on the fleet and they are booked way in advance. But then the sales dept will have a set amount of cars but again they are being used daily by salesman. We are quite lucky at the moment to have a few spare cars and a fleet dept who run 6 static demo's so if one of my customers came in and had an issue I would lend them one. I had a customer in 2 weekends ago who bought a Touareg from me 3 years ago had issues on MOT and problem with rear window not closing so un secure. Our fleet dept had a passat I could lend him for 2 weeks at no cost to him and he has ended up changing it for a mk2 Touareg.

In these situations it really worth staying in touch with the salesman who you bought it from or the sales manager as they generally can help the service dept out.

For obvious reasons you had lost faith in the car and the dealership so I can understand why you wanted rid of the car. Lets look forward to you enjoying the audi and the 2.0 tsi ; )

How longs the warranty on the Audi?

Sales Manager
Select Car Leasing West Midlands
Leeevans@selectcarleasing.co.uk
WhatsApp: 07389107119

Former General sales manager at Volkswagen for over 13 years.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #38 on: 19 March 2013, 09:47 »
Sorry mate I hadn't read that they had lied to you about the turbo that is not on and I would do something about it. Regarding courtesy cars its just one of those things the service dept will have a set amount on the fleet and they are booked way in advance. But then the sales dept will have a set amount of cars but again they are being used daily by salesman. We are quite lucky at the moment to have a few spare cars and a fleet dept who run 6 static demo's so if one of my customers came in and had an issue I would lend them one. I had a customer in 2 weekends ago who bought a Touareg from me 3 years ago had issues on MOT and problem with rear window not closing so un secure. Our fleet dept had a passat I could lend him for 2 weeks at no cost to him and he has ended up changing it for a mk2 Touareg.

In these situations it really worth staying in touch with the salesman who you bought it from or the sales manager as they generally can help the service dept out.

For obvious reasons you had lost faith in the car and the dealership so I can understand why you wanted rid of the car. Lets look forward to you enjoying the audi and the 2.0 tsi ; )

How longs the warranty on the Audi?

No worries mate, it's just been a nightmare to be honest and the salesman I bought it off now works for Renault. No warranty on the A3 as its on an 05 plate and bought private, got it cheap and not planning on keeping it long. Just wanted something to tide me over for the time being  :wink:

Offline charlie

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 19 March 2013, 20:13 »
I changed my mark 5 12 months ago for a 3 door mark six.  When we viewed it the salesman said it had Bluetooth it didn't anyway we brought it. When we found out no Bluetooth they retrofitted it anyway it went back 3 or 4 times for various issues  :angry: this time round changed the three door for a five door total different experience both sales manager and salesman don't work there anymore my point is you get good and bad in all walks of life don't loose the faith in vw because of one dealership.  I drive car transporters for a living and some dealers are good and some are just a pain in the arse :wink:
2012 black pearl Golf gti mark 6 5 door leather cruise 510rns bluetooth acc dab sunroof park assist rear camera parking sensors storage pack and the luxury pack :-) sold :/( now aiming a 2013 passat alltrack