Author Topic: 18in Monza Wheel Corrosion  (Read 2102 times)

Offline littlejon

• Not said much yet
18in Monza Wheel Corrosion
« on: 26 March 2011, 16:54 »
Hey guys,

Relatively new to the site but would appreciate some advice. I've got 18in Monza's on my Mark VI GTi. Before I bought the car from the VW dealer (2nd owner), the front driver alloy was diamond cut due to it being kurbed by the previous owner. Unfortunately that alloy now has corrosion on a slight defect at the edge. I took it to my local dealer to get it repaired and they stated they wouldnt do it under warrranty as it had previously been repaired. I went back to the original dealer who pissed me around and by the time they got back to me the 1 year repair warranty of the people that did it had run out.

Ive had a look around and it appears the only way to get it back to its original state is by getting it diamond cut again, which is pretty expensive. Anyone got any experience of this or any other suggestions to get it fixed?

Greatly appreciated

Jon
Mark VI GTi, 3 door, DSG, Carbon Grey, 18" Monza Shadows, RNS 510 with Dynaudio, Xenons, Cruise, Leather

Offline MAW73

• I live here
  • Used to like Golfs :-)
Re: 18in Monza Wheel Corrosion
« Reply #1 on: 26 March 2011, 17:41 »
Maybe try another dealer and don't mention the wheel has been previously refurbed by others?

If all wheels are in mint condition other than the one with corrosion you would also stand more of a chance of getting the wheel replaced under warrenty.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Martin

2007 VW Mk5 Golf GT 5 Door DSG
2009 VW Mk6 Golf GTI 5 Door DSG
2012 BMW F20 125i M Sport, Auto
2014 BMW F20 M135i, Auto

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 27 March 2011, 13:17 »
Welcome aboard Jon.

Well, unless you can negotiate a deal with the dealer who got the wheel done originally the only option would be to ask them who did the work on the wheel and pay them to do it.
Being a diamond cut wheel it ain't gonna be cheap and you may find it won't look 100% the same as the wheels that are original. I feel for ya.  :sad:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Jimmymature

« Reply #3 on: 27 March 2011, 17:47 »
Post a pic of them, when we see what they look like we might be able to come up with a plan/excuse/lie to get them fixed for free.

Jim