Author Topic: 1.4 GT TSi (160)  (Read 4854 times)

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
1.4 GT TSi (160)
« on: 22 September 2009, 17:17 »
Ok i know its not a GTi but its my car and i love it all the same  :kiss:
Seriously thinking of getting it mapped by Revo, they claim to take its BHP upto 219. See here... http://www.revotechnik.com/products/softwareProduct.aspx?pvID=1203

Spoke to a Revo dealer near me today, i was after the 5hour free trial but he told me Revo haven't released it for this map. He then told me that he had already remapped a car with same spec as mine and the owner loved it, said it was so smooth and much much faster/responsive. He went on to tell me that if i get it done and i'm not happy with it for whatever reason then he would take it off and give me a full refund, at £399 it'd be rude not too... Surely? What do you guys think???
I'm just a little concerned with a 1.4 giving out 219BHP TBH
Thankls  :wink:

Offline jdjd

• I live here
Re: 1.4 GT TSi (160)
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2009, 17:36 »

I'm just a little concerned with a 1.4 giving out 219BHP TBH

Surely it would need strengthed rods? Perhaps not but +50bhp gains are be expected from remaps on the GTI.
 However can the turbo cope? 

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2009, 18:22 »
Not exactly the same car I know, but VW Driver magazine road tested a mk5 1.4tsi and were very impressed with the results. The car in question was being used daily by one of REVO's staff so maybe you could email REVO and ask for some first hand feedback on long term usage. Kev and Carl are often haunting the forums.
REVO are very highly respected and I don't think they'd release something that would jeopardy your new car's running gear.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2009, 18:28 »
Gee a 1.4 putting out 219bhp!!! that's some power for that turbo unit to handle will it? can it? I hope to god you don't blow up the engine.  Don't think anyone would cover that one.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2009, 18:29 »
Thanks, i think i will get it done TBH. 219BHP on a 1.4 just sounds ridiculous though  :laugh:
Just wanted to see what everybody else thought/heard about it

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2009, 18:30 »
Gee a 1.4 putting out 219bhp!!! that's some power for that turbo unit to handle will it? can it? I hope to god you don't blow up the engine.  Don't think anyone would cover that one.
Thats what i was wondering  :laugh:
Does seem alot doesn't it?

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2009, 18:43 »
I would doubt the 219bhp personally as most of the cars on REVOs site are putting out way over stock figures as standard. Look at the gain as a % and just as importantly the shape of the power and torque curves. Peak figures mean very little (unless you're on a race track), it's driveability and smoothness that count in a road car.
I think the turbo is actually quite big on the 1.4tsi, as it has a super charger to boost the low rev torque (to counter turbo lag) and the power peak is actually at quite high RPMs.
Obviously the 122bhp TSI has a small turbo as it has no supercharger.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2009, 18:45 »
So you think it should be fine and worth the money? I can't find anything anywhere about anybody having it done which is a shame  :sad:

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2009, 18:58 »
Yeah well time we've all bought and paid for our cars there's very little left over for such luxuries as re-maps, I've worked hard to get to this stage in my life with a little help from an inheritance (a lot of help actually) I just can't justify a re-map and to be honest for me 210bhp is enough.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline Aidy06

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2009, 19:05 »
Yeah well time we've all bought and paid for our cars there's very little left over for such luxuries as re-maps, I've worked hard to get to this stage in my life with a little help from an inheritance (a lot of help actually) I just can't justify a re-map and to be honest for me 210bhp is enough.

Well ive worked hard for my car and i want the best out of it that i can get, i don't own a GTi remember so 160BHP isn't enough for me  :grin: