Author Topic: Bluefin on GTI MK6  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Olifran

• GTI forum regular
Bluefin on GTI MK6
« on: 04 February 2014, 22:56 »
Hi
Just a quick question for anyone who may know. Have superchips managed to crack the ECU on the mk6 so that a bluefin can be used? They have them available to buy on their website so assume they have. Read a few posts about tuners having to take the ECU out etc?

Thanks in advance
Chris.

EDIT - Ordered one  :smiley: :evil:
« Last Edit: 05 February 2014, 12:14 by Olifran »
Now - MK7.5 R in Pure White with DCC.
Gone - 2014 Mk7 GTI DSG Pure White - Discover Nav - Park Assist - Winter Pack.

Offline golfhappy

• I live here
Re: Bluefin on GTI MK6
« Reply #1 on: 20 April 2014, 19:28 »
As far as i'm aware the ECU has to be taken out and prepared to accept the map via the bluefin. In that case you'd be as well just getting it mapped. As maybe posted on another post the bluefin has a generic map. Have had maps in the past and when or if you want it put back to standard before you trade in a small cost of £50 is applied. Saying that i've sent them back into the dealers with the map in it. The standard paperwork from the dealer asks you if you had any major bumps, nothing about mapping.
On another point when VW says 170ps or 168bhp. If your car was dyno'd it may have less or more bhp. Think ave read this on REVOs web site.
Audi S1 gone, awaiting 1.5tsi r-line, pan roof, led lights front and rear, active dash, 18" jurva alloys and a dealer fitted Oettinger roof spoiler in tornado red.