Author Topic: Reducing Noise levels from exhaust  (Read 1801 times)

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
Reducing Noise levels from exhaust
« on: 22 March 2007, 08:19 »
A bit short notice but I wondered if anyone had any info about the following.  I have my track day tomorrow and am worried that I might not make the noise restriction limit, or rather be over it.  Does anyone know of a place in and around readin/oxford that I could buy inserts to quieten the exhaust down?  Any help would be appreciate.

Offline Hypermonkey

• GTI forum regular
  • Only users lose drugs!
Re: Reducing Noise levels from exhaust
« Reply #1 on: 03 April 2007, 11:40 »
I'm local to Reading and know of no one that does this. What type of exhaust have you got as there are tailpipe mufflers that you can put on the end of the bb pipes to add another box. These just clamp/bolt on so might be a good investment if you are doing road/track use.

Offline jaybv6

• Here all the time
  • 03 Mk4 GTTDI PD 150
Re: Reducing Noise levels from exhaust
« Reply #2 on: 04 April 2007, 10:23 »
I'm local to Reading and know of no one that does this. What type of exhaust have you got as there are tailpipe mufflers that you can put on the end of the bb pipes to add another box. These just clamp/bolt on so might be a good investment if you are doing road/track use.
Thanks for the reply.  I tried everywhere and in the end decided to take a risk.  Luckily enough the car passed with a 95.1 dB reading.  I have a custome stainless system with only a centre and rear silencers which don't have much in them.  It pops and bangs like crazy and even get flames when flat shifting through the box.