Author Topic: HIC - If you want a HIC insurance quote, please read....  (Read 108548 times)

Offline GTi_Lee

• Not said much yet
Re: If you want a HIC insurance Quote, please read....
« Reply #20 on: 29 April 2007, 14:29 »
Hi Martin, I'm 20 with 2yrs no claims and I'm lookin to get insured on a mk2 gti 16v, will it be possible? I'd PM you but I'm not sure how to do that, not used to this site! 

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #21 on: 29 April 2007, 21:04 »
Hi mate, welcome to the site! as long as you have had your licence at least 2years then it should be possible.

You need to make 10 posts before you can use PM's (posts in nonsense dont count!). Get to 10 then pm me your number or ring me on the number in my signature.

Martin  :smiley:

Offline pegasus

• Here all the time
« Reply #22 on: 30 April 2007, 21:52 »
HIC 'call me back' page no worky...?

1.8 20VT GTI

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #23 on: 30 April 2007, 22:03 »
Seems to be working ok.... :huh:

Did you leave your number and not get a call, or was the page just not working for you?

:smiley:

Offline pegasus

• Here all the time
« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2007, 11:13 »
page not working. its ok, iv called the office today, spoke to tim...

1.8 20VT GTI

Offline *Dubby*

• Here all the time
« Reply #25 on: 02 July 2007, 12:06 »
Shame I keep missing you Martin  :laugh: but pleased with the policy I got anyway  :smiley:

:cool:
Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Offline bunter

• Here all the time
« Reply #26 on: 11 July 2007, 13:06 »
hmm, just had a quick look at the quote page and read the terms, sadly i have a ccj after a couple of debts went south. shame as i have never missed an insurance payment :(

not quite sure why that is a term and condition, have never seen it on any other insurance comapnies site. really want away from my current insurer quinn direct as im not hearing good things about them. they even asked for an engineers report if i was gonna declare the lowered springs on my car which is outrageous!!  :laugh:

shame as i just did a quote anyway for me and it came back at £305.25 including payment over 9 months without any golfgti.co.uk discounts etc :(

**UPDATE**

furthermore, ive had a courtesy call from a lovely ladie at HIC who said that even with my CCJ i would still be able to use the quote. she said that chaucer who are the underwriters will insure people with CCJ`s but only if i was to pay the balance off in full. that also about works out about £40 cheaper than paying it over 6 months so it should be down to around £270 without even mentioning this forum! perhaps not all insurance comapnies are b******s after all! so top marks to HIC! will certainly be moving to them in spetember/october when my insurance is up for renewal

very impressed :)
« Last Edit: 11 July 2007, 14:12 by bunter »

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 July 2007, 14:58 »
Glad you got it sorted & a good deal mate mate! Do you remember who you spoke too?

without even mentioning this forum!

make sure you do mention that you came to HIC via this forum as it does get you a discount  :wink:

Offline bunter

• Here all the time
« Reply #28 on: 11 July 2007, 15:28 »
Glad you got it sorted & a good deal mate mate! Do you remember who you spoke too?

without even mentioning this forum!

make sure you do mention that you came to HIC via this forum as it does get you a discount  :wink:

no sorry, was a very nice ladie though and very helpful :)

Offline r1mills

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 17 July 2007, 14:35 »
looks like it could be a good deal this HIC company - a few of my friends are members and they recommended me to this thread here. ive always had a problem with insurance companies as i have a gti with a stainless steel exhaust - as its on my car i feel obliged to declare it to the insurance companies (is this the norm?) as in only 23 - this has caused 80% of companies to quote silly amounts or not at all... not too impressed. (especially as i have 4 years no claims).

what does everyone else do in this situation?