Author Topic: Test drive invites  (Read 9465 times)

Offline joe6

• I live here
Re: Test drive invites
« Reply #10 on: 03 January 2013, 20:55 »
Not had any invites!! Salesman slipping up as the mk6 is 3 years old in a few weeks. Might see what there is the showroom when my scirocco goes in for service next week. Wont be tempted tho!!
Mk6 GTI Carbon Grey, 2010 Bluetooth and voice fitted, a few VCDS mods still a comfortable family car. Red Scirocco 2011 twin charger stage 1 - enjoyable drive now gone.  White 2016 Polo GTI (roller skate on steroids) replaced with an Indium Grey 2019 7.5 GTI PP.

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 03 January 2013, 21:13 »
My stealer has a GT TDi DSG as a demo, so I'll be popping down next weekend.

Offline Bobbybertman

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 03 January 2013, 23:26 »
Had three road test this week but only because I PDIed them  :wink:

Offline Ginge 35Edition

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 04 January 2013, 06:27 »
Had three road test this week but only because I PDIed them  :wink:

Looks like you'll be the official PDI expert then, prepare yourself for loads of pre delivery questions.

Offline scotland67

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 04 January 2013, 09:59 »
I had a phone call from the salesman who sold me the mk 6,then a postal invite then an e mail. I gave in and will drive a 1.4 next friday. Looks like the dealers are anxious to generate interest at a slack time of the year for sales

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 04 January 2013, 15:07 »
had the invite a few weeks back and a phone call to buy an edition 35 as well! pretty desperate IMO.

went to look at the mk7 today and i must say its a bit of a minger. i wont be rushing out to order one.

i would love to see some actual proof of the cars weight too. alot of hype about how its lighter etc but the thing just seemed massive

oh and the boot is much smaller than the mk6 due. to the stupid bottom shelf thing.

they managed to get a massive rear silencer, a full size spare wheel and a decent boot in the mk6 so why not the mk7?
Golf GTI Clubsport S #237 Tornado red
Golf GTI 7.5 230 white silver

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 04 January 2013, 15:09 »
oh but something i did like was the floor hinged pedals are now gone and they are much better positioned than the mk6 but the seat seems very high. it was a fairly basic one i sat in but the seat seemed very high to me

i did like the interior but the outside wasn't the prettiest thing to be honest

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #17 on: 04 January 2013, 15:45 »
According the What Car, we'll see the GTI in less than 6 months time, so perhaps there will be more interest from us then.

VW are then going to have the cheek to charge £900ish on top for the performance pack consisting of an extra 10PS, better brakes and diff, to make it into the GTI it should be to start with.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline mkviken

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 04 January 2013, 19:09 »
is the on the road price confirmed for the mk7 gti yet?

Offline Jimble

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 07 January 2013, 11:52 »
Been and had a little nose around one this morning as i was passing a dealer at work, first impressions are very good imo, there are a few little touches that i didn't notice from the pictures like the panel shape along the roof line is slightly dished and how wide the front is, the interior is going to be the big selling point in the lower spec cars though! The GT spec i sat in is very impressive imo, all the red lights have gone from the switchgear replaced by sharp white, the LED interior lights look the business in the doors and footwell (ambient lighting).
The standard fit Nav unit looks very competent from first look in the showroom but functionality out on the road remains to be seen?
The seats are very comfortable and go VERY low which i like as i've always the thought my GTI seats are too high.

All in all i like what i've seen so far but i'm going to try and get ti my dealer this weekend for a test drive as the proof is in the driving... :smiley:
Currently pootling around in our family wagen, a Tiguan SEL 😂