Author Topic: New Clubsport detailed  (Read 11888 times)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
New Clubsport detailed
« on: 06 July 2017, 21:08 »
Its taken me a while to get an image hosting site sorted and have to say thanks to gtiaps for his advice in another thread about postimg.org....it seems ideal for an IT luddite like me, cheers mate  :wink:

Having said that I'm hoping you can now see a pic below of our new carbon grey 3dr clubsport which I took after getting it back from being professionally detailed not far from where we live in North Yorkshire. Apart from being new car its also first Gti ownership having wanted one since the mk1's arrived (yes I am that old :laugh:).....I know I'm preaching to the converted but its absolutely awesome to drive and so much more involving and more enjoyable than the m235i its replaced..also less scary  :shocked:, I won't go on about it in the detailing section it probably belongs somewhere else.

Soon as we'd picked the car up about 6 weeks back I'd decided to get it booked in for a full Gtech treatment. Its also had a full front end Llumar PPF treatment applied, this was a harder decision to make mainly due to costs however because of the car being what it is and the fact that I can't see why we would want to move it on for a good few years thought the investment worthwhile to give the paintwork the best protection possible. So everything front end has the ppf including the headlights, spoiler/splitter, vents & wing mirrors. Gtech CS black serum treatment on rest of vehicle with crystal serum light over the top of the ppf parts, this was advised due to the CS black treatment impacting on the self healing properties of the Llumar.

I'm hoping I can share a link soon to a full pictorial of the work being done from start to finish but need to speak to detailers first.

If this image has uploaded ok I'll get some more pics taken and put up soon as I've washed it....its just a little bit less shiny after a trip up to Scotland last week! We've done 1500 miles of really fun driving since getting it and needless to say more than happy to be in the club ...err sport.....ok crap joke  :whistle:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: New Clubsport detailed
« Reply #1 on: 06 July 2017, 21:32 »
deltarikk, that looks superb, really very smart indeed particularly the black Pretorias which show off the red calipers a treat :smiley: I'm in my first GTI too, my first more sportyish car since a Lotus many years ago (which rarely worked that well and bits kept coming off but it went round corners a treat) and I'm loving it! Good to hear you are giving yours plenty of exercise! Keep the pictures coming...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 06 July 2017, 21:56 »
Cheers Watts, fell in love with it soon as we saw it and loved it even more after a 2hr test drive! It has an every day usability attraction whilst also being able to pull your face off round the twisties  :laugh: I never felt that comfortable with the 235 with that much power through rwd, it's brought the fun back to driving, glad you're enjoying yours  :wink:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 06 July 2017, 22:55 »
Its taken me a while to get an image hosting site sorted and have to say thanks to gtiaps for his advice in another thread about postimg.org....it seems ideal for an IT luddite like me, cheers mate  :wink:

Having said that I'm hoping you can now see a pic below of our new carbon grey 3dr clubsport which I took after getting it back from being professionally detailed not far from where we live in North Yorkshire. Apart from being new car its also first Gti ownership having wanted one since the mk1's arrived (yes I am that old :laugh:).....I know I'm preaching to the converted but its absolutely awesome to drive and so much more involving and more enjoyable than the m235i its replaced..also less scary  :shocked:, I won't go on about it in the detailing section it probably belongs somewhere else.

Soon as we'd picked the car up about 6 weeks back I'd decided to get it booked in for a full Gtech treatment. Its also had a full front end Llumar PPF treatment applied, this was a harder decision to make mainly due to costs however because of the car being what it is and the fact that I can't see why we would want to move it on for a good few years thought the investment worthwhile to give the paintwork the best protection possible. So everything front end has the ppf including the headlights, spoiler/splitter, vents & wing mirrors. Gtech CS black serum treatment on rest of vehicle with crystal serum light over the top of the ppf parts, this was advised due to the CS black treatment impacting on the self healing properties of the Llumar.

I'm hoping I can share a link soon to a full pictorial of the work being done from start to finish but need to speak to detailers first.

If this image has uploaded ok I'll get some more pics taken and put up soon as I've washed it....its just a little bit less shiny after a trip up to Scotland last week! We've done 1500 miles of really fun driving since getting it and needless to say more than happy to be in the club ...err sport.....ok crap joke  :whistle:

Looks truly stunning.  :cool:

Now you get to keep it looking like that, which is the enjoyable part, oh and driving it :laugh:

Enjoy!  :smiley:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 07 July 2017, 00:38 »
Your car looks fantastic deltarikk - amazing wet look gloss to the paintwork. Looks like the detailer has done a superb job. The combination of Carbon Grey and black Prets looks great.

Enjoy your new car.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 07 July 2017, 10:42 »
Looks stunning.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 07 July 2017, 13:45 »
Car looks fatastic, especially in three door. The red detailing stands out nicely against the darker body.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 07 July 2017, 20:15 »
Thanks all  :smiley:, I really do like the black alloys on this, they were all removed and insides Gtech treated along with calipers & then hubs sprayed following a clean, should make it easier to clean the brake dust off.

@ Booth11 - that is the challenge keeping on top of it but I've been slowly collecting a few products recommended on here and today had a couple of buckets/guards & some VP bilberry cleaner delivered from CYC. I was going to order a foam lance I saw on one of your reviews (think it was an AB red nozzle?) but then remembered I got one some months ago from CYC made by company in Italy called PA......I have now found it after it went walkabout during recent house move!  :laugh:...I'll see how I get on with it   

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 07 July 2017, 20:43 »
@ Booth11 - that is the challenge keeping on top of it but I've been slowly collecting a few products recommended on here and today had a couple of buckets/guards & some VP bilberry cleaner delivered from CYC. I was going to order a foam lance I saw on one of your reviews (think it was an AB red nozzle?) but then remembered I got one some months ago from CYC made by company in Italy called PA......I have now found it after it went walkabout during recent house move!  :laugh:...I'll see how I get on with it   

The CYC PA lance is the one I used for last 5 years (recently bought a second one) and is the same make as the Autobrite one (also made by PA).  It's a great lance.  Remember to only use the Bilberry at fairly dilute ratios 1:10 or 1:8 otherwise at stronger ratios it will degrade the Gtechniq (C5?) on your wheels much more quickly. You want it to just help lift the dirt. Enjoy using your new detailing stuff. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 07 July 2017, 20:55 »

The CYC PA lance is the one I used for last 5 years (recently bought a second one) and is the same make as the Autobrite one (also made by PA).  It's a great lance.  Remember to only use the Bilberry at fairly dilute ratios 1:10 or 1:8 otherwise at stronger ratios it will degrade the Gtechniq (C5?) on your wheels much more quickly. You want it to just help lift the dirt. Enjoy using your new detailing stuff.

Thanks for that advice Rebecca, much appreciated, I think its C5 on the wheels....am I right in thinking you apply just with a normal hand held spray bottle and let it dwell as you would the snow foam?