Author Topic: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)  (Read 141028 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: Clubsport Edition 40 and Clubsport S build numbers (and car photos)
« Reply #580 on: 23 September 2019, 13:31 »
Wow, some serious mods to this CS - £22k spent, you've got to really love driving a modified car to justify that!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201909162268729?keywords=clubsport&advertising-location=at_cars&model=GOLF&make=VOLKSWAGEN&postcode=s37bh&sort=price-desc&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&radius=1500&page=1

Yeah, it's a bit much for my tastes. I like subtle mods. Exhausts look a bit too daft and air lift is an expensive waste.

It's Ben Streeton's Clubsport, he did quite a few youtube videos as he was doing the mods (some I liked, some less so). £22k is crazy money though!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
« Reply #581 on: 23 September 2019, 16:43 »
The exhaust is the popular Remus back box delete - I just think the tips need tucking in a bit more.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #583 on: 24 September 2019, 00:08 »
Wow, some serious mods to this CS - £22k spent, you've got to really love driving a modified car to justify that!

Spent £22K, ruined it!

Just me?

No, not just you, I’m not keen on it either. One thing I particularly don’t like is the look of cars on air suspension when the suspension’s deflated - like in the photo. Losing the concentric circle / equidistant gap between wheel arch and wheel / tyre with heavily lowered cars and cars with deflated air suspension just looks odd to me. Just my opinion though.

But if someone wants to do that to their car and they get pleasure and enjoyment from doing it, that’s fine by me. I wonder what the insurance premium is for heavily modded car like that compared to an unmodified, unmolested example?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #584 on: 24 September 2019, 08:47 »

Spent £22K, ruined it!

Just me?

No, not just you, I’m not keen on it either. One thing I particularly don’t like is the look of cars on air suspension when the suspension’s deflated - like in the photo. Losing the concentric circle / equidistant gap between wheel arch and wheel / tyre with heavily lowered cars and cars with deflated air suspension just looks odd to me. Just my opinion though.

But if someone wants to do that to their car and they get pleasure and enjoyment from doing it, that’s fine by me. I wonder what the insurance premium is for heavily modded car like that compared to an unmodified, unmolested example?

Same, can't stand it when the wheels are up in the arches, just looks stupid and you could never drive anywhere like that.

I do however like a small gap and for me, Porsche has it nailed with the GT3 RS for perfect wheel/arch gap!

For me, this CS is a bit OTT and will only now appeal to a very very small amount of people. ie it's around £10k more than a mint standard CS and the mods won't be to many peoples tastes as the CS is more of an enthusiasts cars than say the standard PP version of the same year.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #585 on: 24 September 2019, 12:30 »
I like the colour.

Air-ride has never been my thing.
Someone has to be financing those mods and it must be nice to be in the position to do all that but...

I’m sure it’ll be a dream car for someone.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Doodle do bee doo

• Just got here
..... If there was any chance of finding no.132, and if it was a DSG, that could be my perfect car.....

Well I'll be blowed:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910052976886?advertising-location=at_cars

Cat N; bugger  :cry:

Gaz

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
..... If there was any chance of finding no.132, and if it was a DSG, that could be my perfect car.....

Well I'll be blowed:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201910052976886?advertising-location=at_cars

Cat N; bugger  :cry:

Gaz

Didn't know Urano Grey was even an option for the CS..!
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline clubsport

• I live here
I think that is about the 3rd Urano Grey CS, I have seen.

Typical trader ad, upgraded alloys.... No, they are the standard 18" wheels ( as nice as they are!)

" These cars are going up in value everyday!"..... Really? :)

Odd that the car had the front brake pads replaced at 13k miles? Much track use?