Author Topic: Mk7 pp v mk7.5 pp  (Read 2914 times)

Offline nigeldodd

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk7 pp v mk7.5 pp
« Reply #10 on: 18 January 2019, 17:40 »
In my experience it is quite long enough and I sometimes find myself moving the stick to M and back to D to return it to auto. But I accept your driving style may differ.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 18 January 2019, 18:06 »
You can also hold the right hand paddle for a few seconds and it returns to auto.

But yes it depends on driving. If you come to a stop it also returns to auto.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #12 on: 22 January 2019, 14:28 »
And when I pull back on the selector for S mode and use the flappy paddles my wife complains :evil:

Don't you slide it across to M to use the paddles?!
:huh: … from your other replies - you already know I don't need to use M for the paddles.

I go into S mode when I am looking for a gap to overtake. This usually drops the car down a gear or two. If I see the gap coming I sometimes take control with the paddles for a lower gear and faster take off. This usually stops the car from 'thinking' about which gear to select in response to a sudden accelerator pedal movement.

When the accelerating force is no longer pushing us back in our seats - out of the corner of my eye - my wife (and her hair) can be seen moving forward. Usually followed by a complaint about my crap driving and whiplash. :embarrassed: :evil:

The horse power and torque in the GTI PP make it much, much faster for overtaking speed(s) than my old GTD. And the GTI keeps pulling hard long after the GTD would have given up.

I never noticed her hair doing that when overtaking in the GTD :smiley:

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS