Author Topic: New car order delays  (Read 52205 times)

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
Re: New car order delays
« Reply #20 on: 02 October 2018, 16:39 »
I've had the confirmation my car is being built next week, week 41. :smiley: Nothing has changed on the app and it's still down as with the factory but my dealer and VW online chat have both confirmed it. Be great if it gets WLTP certification between now and it landing at the dealers

Great news Neepy. Mine is still unconfirmed Week 46. I will have to contact VW to see if any update. Interesting to see how long between build and delivery now.... :smiley:
EDIT. Just contacted VW, and now unconfirmed for week 47. (but said may come forward)...
« Last Edit: 02 October 2018, 17:35 by hobbes22 »
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline Spadam

• Just got here
« Reply #21 on: 05 October 2018, 13:11 »
I ordered mine at the back end of August and i have confirmation the car is built and was being transported to the UK 2 weeks ago. Still awaiting WLTP approval though which i was told would be late November for the GTI performance. Here hoping i get it before christmas.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 05 October 2018, 14:17 »
They can't transport a vehicle out of Emden without wltp approval so it's likely any vehicles built will all be sitting somewhere waiting to be shipped.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #23 on: 05 October 2018, 14:38 »

I sent VW an email on Monday of this week asking for a latest update for my order and their email response confirmed they are expecting to be WLTP compliant for the Golf GTI, middle to late November.

Offline itavaltalainen

• I live here
  • VCDS and VCP - fault codes, coding, VIM activation
« Reply #24 on: 05 October 2018, 18:59 »
I don't think VW will ship prior to approval.
They're parking them up at the not yet in use Berlin airport and other storage facilities.
2019 Seat Leon ST FR DSG 135kW - eclipse orange - 23k miles

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #25 on: 05 October 2018, 19:40 »
This is really quite annoying when I was told the Golf Gti had cleared WLTP now.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 06 October 2018, 19:59 »
Now, good news  re WLTP for the Golf

Offline neepy7.5

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 08 October 2018, 09:47 »
They can't transport a vehicle out of Emden without wltp approval so it's likely any vehicles built will all be sitting somewhere waiting to be shipped.

Seems strange but over on the Tiguan forum, many have said they've received notification that their cars have been shipped over and this is before WLTP approval. Some of them are sat at their dealers but can't do anything because they can't be registered with the DVLA yet.

EDIT: https://www.tiguanforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3460&start=1280 they're not lying either, some of them have been uploading photos. I think i'd stay away from the dealers if my car was there but i couldn't have it, would make me even more frustrated  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 08 October 2018, 10:00 by neepy7.5 »
'68 7.5 Golf GTI Performance 3dr DSG, Isaac Blue

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #28 on: 08 October 2018, 13:22 »
Now, good news  re WLTP for the Golf

At least its confirmed on the VW website that Golfs are now WLTP approved. https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/owners/wltp

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 08 October 2018, 13:43 »
So you download the Golf brochure (4.10.18) and it still has the standard GTI on there yet they are not making them any more?! Is that just to cover stock built before 1st September that wasn't registered?