Author Topic: I need advice bad on my GTI  (Read 3917 times)

Offline LucasadeR33

• Just got here
I need advice bad on my GTI
« on: 06 March 2018, 21:47 »
Hi everyone, my names luke i have a 2003 Volkswagen Golf GTI, I have owned it for about a month or so its got 189 thousand miles on it and runs smoothly but i had to take it to a garage because it wouldnt start whilst it was warm so i have had injectors, injector pump, crank shaft, timing belt, and a lot of sensors and fuses changed amd still nothing, it now doesnt even attempt to turn over when cold now. Any suggestions why this is will be greatfully appreciated. Many regards Luke

Offline sharki786

• I live here
  • GOT BOOST??
Re: I need advice bad on my GTI
« Reply #1 on: 10 March 2018, 12:03 »
Im not being funny but is your mechanic even checking anything or just changing parts?
If i was you i would take it to someone who knows what he is doing. That sounds like alot of money to be paying for cutting out. I would try the main ecu relay which would be the main thing for cutting out probs.
*****MK3 Anniversary*****
*****MK4 GTI T*****

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
Re: I need advice bad on my GTI
« Reply #2 on: 10 March 2018, 16:38 »
I can't help but agree with what sharki786 said...maybe get the system scanned by someone who knows VWs...we have a couple of real wizards on this forum.
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.