Author Topic: Anyone know of any build week 22 changes ?  (Read 12104 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Anyone know of any build week 22 changes ?
« Reply #20 on: 09 April 2018, 15:00 »
From what I read on various German forums:
No more 'normal' GTI 169kW/230hp on offer, only PP
No more Golf R with manual transmission
From the summer petrol engines will get particle filter to be made fit for the norm Euro 6c.

That's quite a bit of change!

Quite a few people likely to be affected by the first two and the latter is going to impact performance I'd expect like when DPF's came in with Euro5 oil burners...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 09 April 2018, 19:22 »
A bit of a bonus if you have a standard GTI on order to be built after BW22 but ordered at current prices  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #22 on: 10 April 2018, 08:01 »
Not sure about that one... maybe they'll give you a PP for free, but...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Offline JHWP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 10 April 2018, 09:17 »
From what I read on various German forums:
Diesel Engine 110kW / 150hp TDI with manual transmission will be dropped;
Petrol Engine 1.4 TSI 92kW will not be offered any more;
No more 'normal' GTI 169kW/230hp on offer, only PP
No more Golf R with manual transmission
No frameless interior mirror anymore
Dropping paint 'Black Ruby' (will anyone miss it?)  :smiley:
From the summer petrol engines will get particle filter to be made fit for the norm Euro 6c.

Interesting stuff...

Manual Golf R dropped is not a surprise. A buddy of mine was after a used R in manual and had a bit of a search to find one. Plenty of options in DSG but manual was thin on the ground at the time so it seems most new orders are DSG.

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 10 April 2018, 10:14 »
Might sound weird but I think it’s a shame if they ditch the frameless rear view mirror.  I have had a few people comment on how smart they think it is not having a big plastic surround on the mirror.

It just looks like it’s floating there.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 10 April 2018, 11:25 »
Can't see them dropping the frameless mirror considering the original mk7s came with a framed mirror and the frameless was to save money the first time. Everything's all here say at the minute and what happens on a German forum won't necessarily happen to us in the UK. Best to wait for Lee to confirm everything.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Mag_Pie

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #26 on: 10 April 2018, 11:51 »
Bit gutted if they drop the standard GTI, would make me feel like you're driving the poverty model that nobody wants anymore  :embarrassed:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 10 April 2018, 16:00 »
I'm guessing ditching the non-PP allows for a base price rise... and also eliminates the 6 speed DSG box?

Or maybe its because things like the Hyundai, Megane, Focus etc have more firepower than a standard GTI and they think they are losing sales?

BTW ditching "Ruby Black" (I actually thought it was called Black Rubin... but its thats nasty purple)... whatever horrific colour will they replace it with to get you to spend £££ swapping it now? Nappy brown? Burnt Orange? Beige? Faded yellow? Pink?

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 12 April 2018, 13:24 »
There's a lot of talk and dismiss over on another forum (mainly a US site), about people complaining of further cheapening of the MK7. They are talking about (for US models at least), the felt liner removed from the Glovebox and the overhead console switches losing their illumination.

Can anyone who's taken delivery in the last few weeks comment on if they are still there on UK models ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline ne0star

• Not said much yet
« Reply #29 on: 13 April 2018, 14:28 »
There's a lot of talk and dismiss over on another forum (mainly a US site), about people complaining of further cheapening of the MK7. They are talking about (for US models at least), the felt liner removed from the Glovebox and the overhead console switches losing their illumination.

Can anyone who's taken delivery in the last few weeks comment on if they are still there on UK models ?

All of the above are on my two week old GTI.  I also really like the felt lining on the pockets in the doors.
2018 Golf GTI DSG in Deep Pearl Black