Author Topic: Golf mk. 8  (Read 2880 times)

physio

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
Re: Golf mk. 8
« Reply #1 on: 19 January 2018, 22:37 »
Nice one! I still wouldn't expect the GTi to emerge for another year though.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 19 January 2018, 23:13 »
I reckon production will start later this year and be available in UK by Spring 1919. The design has been confirmed. The GTI a couple of months later, the R not far behind. Loads of stuff available online,will look a little meaner for sure. Be interested in the post brexit price though?
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #3 on: 19 January 2018, 23:42 »
Nice one! I still wouldn't expect the GTi to emerge for another year though.

"...which will officially hit the assembly line in 75 weeks from today. In other words, the Golf 8 will enter production towards the end of June 2019.

The big announcement was made by VW during the recent “Golf 8 Supplier Summit” organized at the Volkswagen Arena at home in Wolfsburg, Germany."

I don't know if it will take a year for the GTI, but the Mk7 Golf R took a full year to arrive last time.

The Mk7.5 went into production October(?) 2016. I ordered my GTI PP the week order books opened and it arrived August 2017 = 11 months. So yes it could take a year for the UK market.

Spring/summer 2020 is still over 2 years away.

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 20 January 2018, 00:07 »
I took delivery of one of the first MK7 GTI’s in Ireland in July 2013. That was 6-7 months after the bread and butter models. The R didn’t appear till Jan 2014.

I would expect them to tighten up those timelines next time round. GTI maybe after 2-3 months and R not long after it. That’s if they even do an R as we know it, given the current fad towards hybrid and e-Cars.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2018, 00:09 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline douglaslad

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 20 January 2018, 00:39 »
It will be interesting to see if there will be a 3 door version of the MK 8 Golf, I personally doubt there will be as demand for 3 door cars these days is dwindling and are not as popular as they once were, besides it would save VW a lot in production costs.
Pure White Manual 3dr Clubsport.
Dynamic Chassis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Dynaudio, Sat Nav Pro, Rear view Camera, Car Net, Standard Sport Seats, 18" Belvederes.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #6 on: 20 January 2018, 01:53 »
I would think late 2019 for the normal Golf, GTI 2020 and R late 2020/21?  :undecided:

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 20 January 2018, 08:48 »
It will be interesting to see if there will be a 3 door version of the MK 8 Golf, I personally doubt there will be as demand for 3 door cars these days is dwindling and are not as popular as they once were, besides it would save VW a lot in production costs.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :cry: I don't want a 5 door although I'd consider an estate as I struggle with the boot size when I travel.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 20 January 2018, 09:16 »
I would think late 2019 for the normal Golf, GTI 2020 and R late 2020/21?  :undecided:

I would agree with Rob.  Even though production lines may open next year?  We will not see it for quite a while after due to the release of the Golf MK8 in other countries before it hits our shores. Then we have the order books and waiting times to contend with and the staggered release of performance models with the Golf R being last.  I would say the time scales Rob predicts are fairly realistic... But who knows?

I am however currently saving and waiting for the MK8 R if it ever materialises.
« Last Edit: 20 January 2018, 09:18 by Brenbo »