Author Topic: Gti 6speed dsg v Gti Performance 7speed dsg?  (Read 3380 times)

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
Gti 6speed dsg v Gti Performance 7speed dsg?
« on: 11 January 2018, 18:52 »
I have in principle agreed to lease a standard Gti with 6 speed dsg (Atlantic blue) but I can pcp a performance Gti with 7speed , rear camera, tints and Brescia alloys  dsg (tornado red)for about £50 more month.
I was wondering if the for those who have had both is the 7speed box better, do you notice change gears more? Quieter at higher speed?
I know the performance has lsd and bigger brakes, but just mainly interested in the pros/cons of 7speed dsg.

Also I think a good reason to go with the performance one as it has Brescia with better tyres, I heard many on here don't like the bridgestones on standard wheels. But is it a harsher ride with 19"s??
Look forward to your thoughts please.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Re: Gti 6speed dsg v Gti Performance 7speed dsg?
« Reply #1 on: 11 January 2018, 19:29 »
Can you comfortably afford the £50 extra a month? If so then 100% go for the Performance with the extras.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 11 January 2018, 19:34 »
Get the performance pack
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #3 on: 11 January 2018, 20:37 »
Drop the wheels, tints and camera and it's probably cheaper than your lease deal... Add back the Atlantic blue B-)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 11 January 2018, 21:57 »
Mine's on 19s without DCC and I find it very good. The odd surface catches it out and is a bit juddery but very rare. I'd also say the PP although I know nothing about the DSG boxes.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 11 January 2018, 22:22 »
I'm not fussed on the camera and tints.
I really only want performance one with brescia's.
Would prefer Atlantic blue over red because I think it shows the red Gti accents off more.
Had a look at finances with the lovely wife who's letting me get new car and we will go down the pcp route for the performance one.
I'm well chuffed, will phone dealer tomorrow to see what's in stock for quick delivery as I can't wait 16 weeks for factory order.
Hopefully be in one by end of Jan/early Feb. :grin:
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline clarky92

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 11 January 2018, 22:41 »
I'm not fussed on the camera and tints.
I really only want performance one with brescia's.
Would prefer Atlantic blue over red because I think it shows the red Gti accents off more.
Had a look at finances with the lovely wife who's letting me get new car and we will go down the pcp route for the performance one.
I'm well chuffed, will phone dealer tomorrow to see what's in stock for quick delivery as I can't wait 16 weeks for factory order.
Hopefully be in one by end of Jan/early Feb. :grin:

Dsg and performance pack are really the only options you need. Colour is completely an individual choice. There are loads of built gti's with the performance pack and 19"s in transit at the moment. Delivery for end of january. Your dealer will be able to let you browse the specs. There was over 30 gti's I browsed through
Currently: MK8 GTI Clubsport - DCC - Reflex Silver - Adelaide 19"s - Rear Camera

Previous: 3x MK7.5 GTI Performance Pack

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2018, 16:39 »
So just come back from dealers.
Ordered a Gti Performance, Red, Brescia's and tints. It's in dock at Germany , should get mid Feb.
Had a couple of dealers bid went to best one about 40mins away and done deal.
Let me go out for a little drive in their demo to wet my appetite.
 :grin: :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8 on: 12 January 2018, 17:12 »
Nice one!

I guess I was unlucky with both my Mk7.x's in that there was zero chance of an in flight car I could have grabbed.

I suppose at the moment the demand has slackened off but dealers are speculatively ordering to keep their sales figures up. Failing a sale, its a salesman's car until its sold on.

Enjoy your new toy, I know I'd be terribly excited!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 12 January 2018, 18:06 »
So just come back from dealers.
Ordered a Gti Performance, Red, Brescia's and tints. It's in dock at Germany , should get mid Feb.
Had a couple of dealers bid went to best one about 40mins away and done deal.
Let me go out for a little drive in their demo to wet my appetite.
 :grin: :grin:

That's going to look great! Enjoy :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.