Author Topic: Bora 115bhp AJM engine - cooling / circulation problem  (Read 6227 times)

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Hi, I realise this isn't a golf but I know that this will be one of the best places to ask.

Basically i've got an overheating problem with my Bora. It's had a recent cambelt and water pump change, the engines been flushed with no blockages but water wont flow through the heater matrix. If i put a hose through it the water will flow quite freely (through the heater matrix too), I'm half thinking that its the water pump but it's a brand new pump thats been fitted for 6 weeks so i'm half ruling it out. There are no airlocks in the system either, it just seems that there's almost no flow whatsoever.
Also another weird problem it has is that the heater will come on whilst going round a roundabout, which makes me think that perhaps something is stopping the waterpump from working until the water is pushed to the left side.

Could someone help me diagnose what it might be? because as of now i'm quite dumbfounded.

Thanks

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
Re: Bora 115bhp AJM engine - cooling / circulation problem
« Reply #1 on: 13 May 2015, 11:55 »
Turns out it was a partially blocked radiator for all of those that are wondering