Author Topic: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread  (Read 778575 times)

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
Re: MK7 and VCDS (VAG-COM) thread
« Reply #20 on: 10 October 2013, 17:57 »
Any idea of whether the mirrors can be changed to unfold on unlock instead of start via VCDS?

My car is in transit 3 weeks at the moment and I know this change is scheduled for cars built from BW45.

I have asked my dealer to look into getting this changed before I pick up.  They said it is somthing they would need to check after PDI.

Thanks
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 10 October 2013, 18:09 »
I'll have a route around over the next few days bud. Ill keep you all posted.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dippy_x

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 10 October 2013, 18:27 »
Thanks Norbreck   :smiley:
On Order: 02/05/13
GTD: Carbon Grey, Winter Pack, Keyless, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera, Furry Dice
Collected: 06/11/13

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 11 October 2013, 13:22 »
Added automatic rain closing:

Rain Closing by Sootchucker, on Flickr

Procedure:

Go to [09] Central Electronics
Go to Secuity Access and enter 31347
Go to adaptation channels and set the following:

(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
(28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) - Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen).

With regards the mirrors, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -
(24) Access Control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus (mirror folding in remote mode), Need to have a bit of a play around with this one to see if the possibility of unfolding on keyfob press (rather than ignition) exists ?
« Last Edit: 11 October 2013, 13:24 by Norbreck21a »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 11 October 2013, 13:25 »

Procedure:

(15) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_ein aus (Rain Closing on / off) - Select Active
(16) Access Control 2 - Regenschliessen_art (Rain closing Type) set to Permanent
(28) Access Control 2 - Menuesteuerung Regenschliessen (Menu Control Rain close) - Set to Active (enables the menu in the ifotainment screen).

With regards the mirros, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -
(24) Access Control 2 - Funk Spiegelanklappen Modus (mirror folding in remote mode), Need to have a bit of a play around with this one to see if the possibility of unfolding on keyfob press (rather than ignition) exists ?

:grin: :grin: Thats a strange feature. Whats the likelyhood that your going to forget to close the windows when its pissing down?

Offline GrahamFR

• I live here
« Reply #25 on: 11 October 2013, 13:29 »

Procedure:

With regards the mirros, there are a couple of options and the one that interests me is -

:grin: :grin: Thats a strange feature. Whats the likelyhood that your going to forget to close the windows when its pissing down?

Probably for people living in the Bahamas or similar areas where it can be proper boiling one min then chucking it down the next. But for someone in England, then yeah you'd need to be pretty dumb
2007: Leon PD170
2010: Leon CR170
2013: Golf GTI PP
2016: A45 AMG

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #26 on: 11 October 2013, 13:35 »
Is that autoclosing in the rain whilst on the move, or only when you have left the car parked  with the windows open? Not sure if second scenario is even possible unless the rain sensor can work independently of the ignition being off, but I thought I’d ask.

So what are the main known tweaks that could be useful to all right now?

1.   Auto closure on raining
2.   Beep on locking
3.   Wing mirrors fold/unfold on locking (which kind of makes the beep on locking redundant)
4.   Turn off the sound actuator (for those that don’t like it)
5.   Change XDS interaction to strong

I’m sure there was something that was a chargeable option that George K said is likely VCDS activated, can’t for the life of me think what it was now.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 11 October 2013, 13:38 »
This is all great stuff but i dont think i would be forking out a few hundred for VAG COM just for these minor tweaks

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 11 October 2013, 13:42 »
Criag, it really paid for itself on my previous VW's and the Wife's old Polo SEL (2011) new Blue GT (2013), where I added Navigation (RNS-510) on both models and the 9W7 Blueotth module on the Polos. All of these needed coding to the car, and the dealer wanted a minimum of 1 hours labour for each (so about £95.00 each). Didn't take long to pay for itself (mine cost me about £165.00 5 years ago).

I agree, if it's just for the one off minor tweak then its probably not worth it, but we have 4 VW's in our famiy and it's been used on all of them.
« Last Edit: 11 October 2013, 13:44 by Norbreck21a »

Offline stuworrall

• Just got here
« Reply #29 on: 11 October 2013, 13:45 »
the auto closing is for when youve left your car in the works car park say, with the windows/sunroof slightly open to stop it cooking.  If it starts raining it automatically shuts all the windows :)