Author Topic: "Easy-entry" seats??? Mine don't slide...  (Read 7019 times)

Offline stealthwolf

• I live here
Re: "Easy-entry" seats??? Mine don't slide...
« Reply #20 on: 21 March 2009, 20:49 »

Offline _ZK_

• Just got here
« Reply #21 on: 22 March 2009, 16:25 »
Basically the cable inside the seat isn't responding to the piece under the seat that makes it push back and forth (you can watch what parts move by using the handle under the seat instead), it looks like it would need the back part to be taken off to replace a part worth a few pennies.

Unfortunatly passengers I have just lift the handle once and smack it really hard because it doesn't move (despite telling them keep the ******* handle pulled up) so it is no surprise to me.

I'm no expert I just compared my passenger to driver seat and noted the differences, If anyone gets a fix let me know.

Offline No Golf Clubs at all

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 22 March 2009, 17:20 »
Yep same here. Did someone say they replaced a part? What was it? Any idea the p/n? Or a quick pic?

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 25 March 2009, 10:21 »
Ok fault found. I had a spare ten minutes. There's a little black plastic piece which retains the cable. This is located at the bottom corner of the actal seat where it pivots back and forward. This clip is broken and doesn't allow the cable to anchor to the seat thereby not operating the mechanics underneath to allow fore and aft movement. Fiddly to change, waiting on price from VW "my system is down sir I'll call you back" ;-) Surprise Surprise....THEY DIDNT CALL!!! Arnold Clark have now done themselves out of nearly a grands worth of work on my car that is due (timing belt, service, dsg service, a/c, brakefluid, waterpump, fuel filter etc)...muppets!

Ok can't upload pics here from iPhone will try later if anyone asks for them, but will update the price and part number to save anyone else the search.  They cost about 45p I got it from VW Verve in Glasgow as they were on top of their game when I called.

Having a nightmare trying to fit the piece though, its very fiddly and either its not lining up correctly or I cant muster enough strength up in my hands to force it into position.

I

Let the fun begin........Red Gti, full colour coding, DSG, Xenons, Winter pack, Lux pack, Highline, Sat Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Milltek, ABT rear valance, Goodyear F1 Asymmetrics....pescaras :-)

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 29 March 2009, 14:12 »
After quite some time upside down behind the drivers seat I managed to extert enough finger force and heard a click :-) all working now thank the lord.

Couple of things that may help the easy entry seat weary.. 

1. You can disconnect the cable from the mechanism under the seat, this will free up slack.
2. Unhook the cable from both the retainer on the floor and from the broken or replacement clip.
3. Push the cable out of the way totally to allow maximum access.
4. You can actually poke your fingers through to touch the clip from both beneath the seat and more importantly from behind.  With the clip in position (but not seated all the way home) you can the push until you hear a positive click.

Sorry it's convuluted. As predicted it was as fiddly to fit as it was to describe.

Offline _ZK_

• Just got here
« Reply #25 on: 30 March 2009, 01:21 »
Good set of info, will have a fiddle with mine (my car :shocked:) soon, any luck with the item name?

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 30 March 2009, 10:07 »
All, the offending part was on the drivers side,...however I purchased one for each, just in case the passenger seat ever goes bad too.

Details

V1K3 881 132 B D10302 BRACKET unit price 0.39
V1K3 881 132 C D10606 BRACKET unit price 0.39

Glad its fixed, but there must be an easier way to actually fit it...Perhaps taking the seat out would be a good idea...anyway, guess now I have done it once it should in theory not take as long the next time.

« Last Edit: 30 March 2009, 10:20 by No Golf Clubs at all »

Offline _ZK_

• Just got here
« Reply #27 on: 30 March 2009, 16:42 »
Good man!

The biggest cost is labour if you were to get a professional to do it, I wouldn' take the seat out unless I know what I am doing.

Thanks for the part details!