Author Topic: Opinions Please?!?!?  (Read 3614 times)

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
  • .: Eat Me :.
Opinions Please?!?!?
« on: 28 January 2011, 15:33 »
Thinking of getting a double Din head unit, but strapped for cash. Hav a single one at home, but wouldnt look right.

Anyone own one of these, heard anything about them??

http://www.dvbcaraudio.co.uk/kwxg701-double-headunit-p-3300.html

Cheers,
Pen

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
Re: Opinions Please?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: 29 January 2011, 20:21 »
http://www.online-caraudio.co.uk/shop/cd-mp3-head-units/jvc/jvc-kw-xr611-double-din-cd-usb-737812.html

or this one, but I'm gona call them for one in Blue, the one they have advertised in blue has many less functions  :sad:

Offline Tazzy

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 30 January 2011, 09:36 »
they both look good, dont like the green illumintion though, blue or red would look better
If It Comes Off, Modify It!

Offline Ruji

• GTI forum regular
  • Mk3 Golf GTi 8v (96) Anniversary Edition
« Reply #3 on: 03 February 2011, 02:14 »
wot model golf you intending to fit into? i'm going to assume maybe the mk4?
usually u have 2 x single din applications...one cassette with changer below it...or cassette with pocket below...or cd with pocket below.

Removing both will very much allow for a double din radio to be fitted. However, issue u may or may not experience upon fitting is that altho these JVC radios come complete with their own double DIN locking cages, sometimes those cages sit a lil too tall for the aperture otherwise available on the car, so you end up finding you have to get a replacement double din fascia kit to make it work or try and fabricate a means of fitting it into the hole without the supporting cage supplied.

Otherwise..the second JVC on your list is pretty decent...very much the same as the single din equivalent...just a bigger display realy and bigger knobs n buttons to press.lol
Why pay big bucks when you can do it yourself???
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd23/rujiboy/WheelRefurbishmentProcess1.jpg
sig pic too large, see forum guidelines - admin

Offline dTEA

• I live here
  • back in an MK5
« Reply #4 on: 03 February 2011, 08:07 »
The green one lists that the illumination is changeable to 1000s of colours. Thing is, if you intend on using it with the iPhone or iPod then the battery will be killed on long journeys. Alpine, Sony do similar but with full iPod control meaning search via playlist artist song etc and it charges the device atthe same time. Worth thinking about? Plus I'd stick with single din in a mk4 with the pouch underneath and loop the iPod cable through there for quick removal once parked :wink:

Edition 30 / T5 T32 Kombi

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 03 February 2011, 09:13 »
Yeah, I've ordered the Green one, the first one I decided looks too much like a Hi Fi you would have in you're bedroom lol!!

And with the Ipod, not too bothered, I'll make quite a few MP3 Cd's, and the Ipod Nano I have should charge off the connection, as it will be a direct one.

Cheers for the comments guys, well hopefully I wont have any of those issues with putting it in my car.

I will be seriously pissed if I cannot fit it in when I get it out the packaging lol!!

I will have too send Rhys a quick PM, he had one I think  :grin:

Offline Kula

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 03 February 2011, 17:39 »
the comment about the firts one looking like a bedroom hi fi made me chuckle thanks,  :grin:

Like to know how you get on with fitting as I quite like the idea myself.

Cheeers...kula

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 03 February 2011, 19:05 »
the comment about the firts one looking like a bedroom hi fi made me chuckle thanks,  :grin:

Like to know how you get on with fitting as I quite like the idea myself.

Cheeers...kula

I've just installed it, only down side, face plate doesnt actually come off, u can spend a tiny bit more, and get the bluetooth model tho. Other then that it looks really nice tbh!! I'll take a couple of pics if that helps? Can change the colour of the display which is pretty cool. But sadly, it doesnt turn on when the ignition isnt on, Rhys, or anyone know how I can fix that so I can use it with no Keys?

Offline Dan n Nic

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8 on: 23 March 2011, 12:22 »
After having had it for a while now, what does this sound like??? Are you happy with it???

Offline xxpenxx

• Here all the time
« Reply #9 on: 13 March 2014, 14:08 »
Yeah I am well chuffed with the head unit to be fair. I can plug an Ipod straight into it. I can use MP3 CD's. So yeah all in all, it is a very good Double Din head unit for a cheap price.