Author Topic: Aum Maf sensor  (Read 948 times)

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
Aum Maf sensor
« on: 14 November 2014, 23:03 »
Hello,

Just just wondering if anyone with the s2000 filter mod are getting maf problems like me, my car seams to be destroying maf sensors within 6 months, I've been driving it now for the past 3 months or so with it disconnected and it's so much better to drive, but ideally I need to reconnect the sensor, but Im stuck with what to do? Anyone had trouble like this before? Cheers

Offline viperjsy

• I live here
Re: Aum Maf sensor
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2014, 23:39 »
hi is the maf u got a genuine one

Offline MoMartin

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 15 November 2014, 02:06 »
Also, have you tried cleaning the maf? Because that'll save a lot of money if it's just dirt on it.

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #3 on: 15 November 2014, 17:56 »
have you secured the maf and filter with some sort of bracket? they react badly to being moved around. Learned that the hard way with mk2 conversions!

Offline reedy20vturbo

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 16 November 2014, 15:56 »
Hi guys thanks for your replies,  yes it's genuine, and I have tried to clean it but it doesn't make a difference,  car feels sluggish with it connected and surges at low revs and runs really rich as it gives me the fuel bank to rich code, and misfires when on tick over. All that goes when it's disconnected, I've recently put a creation motorsport intake pipe on but that's it, I have a silicone reducer on the maf with jubilee clips connected to s2000 filter, its always done this ever since I brought the car, and if I replace the maf, it's fine for a few days then starts again so I disconnect it and problem solved, but it's a bugger to start from cold with it disconnected but when it's up to temp it's fine

Cheets