Author Topic: Pug 206 (Its not that bad....)  (Read 4377 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Pug 206 (Its not that bad....)
« on: 23 May 2007, 07:55 »
Hey

We have just added a new member to our family of cars.... And yes. Its a Popart Peugeot 206!! :grin:
First impressions. Car seems very well built. Interior is lush and comfortable. No rattles...yet :huh:

A bit noisy at high speeds but otherwise a great car. Its in Flaminco Red (Same colour as the red GTI's) and parked next to the Golf it actually looks stunning.

I hope not to be banished from this forum  :laugh:
Since I know this car not very popular overseas.

Will try post pics. But my ma to busy driving it  :rolleyes: :grin:

Does anyone here have one of these cars?

Mike

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Neaty

• Forum addict
Re: Pug 206 (Its not that bad....)
« Reply #1 on: 23 May 2007, 08:01 »
I have never been keen on the 206 to be honest, the interior is too similar to a C3 or at least the ones I have seen have, and I have spent far to many hours driving those with work. Possibly the worst cars I have ever driven.

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2007, 08:58 »
We looked at one for the Missus, but the rear leg room was no existent, and the rest French sh!te (sorry no offence Mike) but very comfy  :smiley:

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 23 May 2007, 09:35 »
My friend had a 206, his parents bought him for his licence...he didnt like it so he....smashed it poor guy has to get his next car with his own money lol. Personally i like them they seem very friendly cars lol but iv never driven one!

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline 2007GTI

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 23 May 2007, 09:45 »
I tested a few Pug 206's and found they were badly built and noisy pieces of sh!t.  :sad:
2014 Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr in Carbon Grey, 18s, leather

Gone but not forgotten '07 Mk5 GTI DSG (2006 to 2014)

Phil mcavity

« Reply #5 on: 23 May 2007, 10:15 »
peugeot 206 are known as "her car", but have a major problem which if you suffer from large feet you will know, the positioning of the pedels are way to close together!!!! so u can imagine what is easy to acciendently do.The only one i like the look off ONLY cosmetically is the 206 gti 180, the rest just look to simular from the 1.1 to the early gti 2.0.Although i must say, the new range looks promising with the 207 GTi looking very nice indeed.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #6 on: 23 May 2007, 11:47 »
Ha ha

Not sure what it is... But it seems you guys from overseas get crap cars.
It was between the Polo GTI and the Pug 206. Now if the Polo didnt win then what does that tell you about build quality on the Pug?

My mom said that driving the Pug was more comfortable and yeah. The polo has more punch but the Pug was just better. The reason my mom brought the car over the polo is cos in SA there are many of them driving around. Besides that Peugeot is not a swear word over here.

True I wanted her to get the polo gti. But hey. Its her money, she can spend it on whatever she wants.  :undecided:

Though I must admit the SA forums i joined to yesterday seemed very optimistic about the car.  :nerd:
Or maybe they all a bunch of liars? :grin:

Mike

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline Manu_R32

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 23 May 2007, 12:41 »
lol actually, i remember reading that BMW had something to do with Pugs....so expect a price increase and better build quality etc...not to sure thou  :undecided:

OSIR Front Splitter - OSIR Rear Diffuser - RNS 510 - JL Audio Cleansweep - JL Audio 400/4 Amplifier - JL Audio ZR650 - Recaro Bucket Seats - 3.2 V6 of Pure Power!

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #8 on: 23 May 2007, 13:34 »
Oh please no....

If BMW is planning on doing something with Peugeot we can expect large drops in quility and dealer service.
We had a 3 series 120i Exec Model, full House brand new. Car gave non-stop problems and was not only pathetic to drive but was everything but spacious and comfortable.

So yes. i am admittingly not a fan of ANY BMW car. Although some do look nice  :laugh:
Besides that we have noticed a large drop in quality and at the moment it seems that all you paying for is the badge and not what is assosiated with the badge.

My opinion. Dont shoot me
Michael

Join our group now!

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 23 May 2007, 13:47 »
Oh please no....

We had a 3 series 120i Exec Model, full House brand new. Car gave non-stop problems and was not only pathetic to drive but was everything but spacious and comfortable.

Michael

How can you have a 120 3 series, surley that would make it a 1 series. :huh: