Author Topic: What happens when you mix VW with High School Art.....  (Read 4321 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Random is the word... At school (currently a year away from matric  :drool:)
I do art as a subject and have become very experimental with photoshop....
Thought you might find this interesting. Nasty comments are very much accepted :grin: and nice ones too please.... :rolleyes:

A thank you must go out to those who posted pics of their cars. I hope you dont mind that they are now being admired by 800 students since they have been stuck all over the art classroom wall...... :evil: :evil: :evil: (Received only positive comments though)

I may post more mainly cos Im looking for ideas.... If you want your car made abstract or edited just shout. :lipsrsealed: :huh:

This is the original:

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x255/08micsta/VolkswagenGolfR322.jpg

And this is the very messed up first try at editing it....  :grin: :shocked: The point of the Art project is to capture a journey.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x255/08micsta/VolkswagenGolfR322BLACKGTIHALF.jpg

Let me know what you think please. What you like dont like etc. Its due on the 22 May. I want to capture the journey but also make it very much involved with the actual car. i.e the the black GTI on the left and interior of the car......... If you have any great pics you can post that you think would look good please post them (I have a database of almost 1050 GTI, R32 pics).

Thanks all
Michael

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline athol

• Not said much yet
Re: What happens when you mix VW with High School Art.....
« Reply #1 on: 10 May 2007, 15:25 »

What's that horrible looking gearstick? Is that automatic..... :grin: :grin: :grin:

ED30 - bbsCH   Harmon Kardon I-pod interface SonyEricsson bluetooth MFD2 Road Angel

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 10 May 2007, 15:26 »
Although I find what you have done clever, do you need two different images of Sydney opera house, it's such an iconic building, one would let the viewer know immediately, where they were, and on a personal level I find the rocks down the right-hand side of the work a bit intrusive and it keep drawing my eye to that side.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #3 on: 10 May 2007, 15:31 »
Point taken Creepy. I also found the rocks seemed to have a pull affect.
The Sydney Opera House on the windscreen was a last minute add on. I like it more than the one at the drivers feet. I still need to think of a new idea for that pic....

What's that horrible looking gearstick? Is that automatic.....   

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #4 on: 10 May 2007, 15:36 »
Oh yes..... Forgot to mention. The SATNAV in the middle will not have that picture when I'm done. It will have a VW badge or GTI Badge.....

Join our group now!

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 10 May 2007, 15:36 »
Deffo keep the windscreen shot IMHO. how about a flag of the nation/Country or a nice long shot of one of your fantastic straight road, or a roadtrain front end coming towards you from the wheel well.

Offline Hurdy

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 10 May 2007, 15:36 »
Was it deliberate to have the steering wheel off centre. The flat bottomed wheel is part of the GTI, but gets lost with being at an angle and behind those rocks :wink:
Seat Leon Cupra Black 290 DSG

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 10 May 2007, 15:38 »
Was it deliberate to have the steering wheel off centre. The flat bottomed wheel is part of the GTI, but gets lost with being at an angle and behind those rocks :wink:

Good point  :smiley: them there rocks need to go  :wink:

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #8 on: 10 May 2007, 15:48 »
Okiedokie.

Consider the rocks gone....
Unfortunatly this was the only proper pic I could find with the cream interior (Which is easier to edit compared to the black interior of my mothers car). A downside was that yes the steering wheel is turned...

If anyone has the cream interior with the steering wheel straight please PM me at 08micsta@wbhs.org.za
The flag? I tried that but maybe went a bit overboard with the flag. Will play around with the flag idea again tonight.

Its weird, my art teacher like the rocks a lot???  :undecided: :sick:

Mike

Join our group now!

Offline Creepy Coupe

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 10 May 2007, 16:29 »
Okiedokie.

Its weird, my art teacher like the rocks a lot???  :undecided: :sick:

Mike

Yeah but art teachers are all a bunch of weirdo's, mine used to pump weights in his store room, and drive a Volvo  :rolleyes: