Author Topic: MKV GTi throttle body valve is plastic???  (Read 1544 times)

Offline 07Gti

• Just got here
MKV GTi throttle body valve is plastic???
« on: 17 January 2007, 03:41 »
Hi, I'm Peter, a 07 GTi owner from Taiwan, in a most recent reviewed thread from the golf Taiwan forum, one of our members experienced a broken throttle body valve issue on her 05 GTi which the factory refused to fix.

Her car sports the MTM stage 3 kit and puts out 313 at the wheel. After 60,000KM, she experienced some problem where her car won't start, after analysis by friends (not the VW factory, which basically told her to f*** off cuz she moded her car), it turns out to be a broken throttle body valve that is jammed in the pipes after it broke off! After inspection, they found out that the valve is made of plastic!!!!

Now...everything aside, I would like to know if any of you in Europe has experienced this problem? And if there are any aftermarket good quality throttle bodies to replace the lame a** factory part?

please see the above image to get a sense of what I'm talking about,

cheers.

Offline illyun

• I live here
Re: MKV GTi throttle body valve is plastic???
« Reply #1 on: 18 January 2007, 11:45 »
well its shocking that VW are saving money by doing that but 313bhp through the wheels and she expects VW to honour the warranty ?!! Now I don't like VW dealers in general and think they are incompetent a7se's for the most part, but even I can't find fault with them refusing to honour the warranty.  313bhp at the wheels!  :shocked:  :shocked: The car isn't built for that and you should expect things like that to happen.  Good luck with sourcing the part though - and when you find a suitable one let us know thanks  :laugh: sorry I couldn't be more helpful...
« Last Edit: 18 January 2007, 11:49 by illyun »
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline bmx

• GTI forum regular
Re: MKV GTi throttle body valve is plastic???
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2007, 19:09 »
superglue!! :laugh: