Author Topic: Polo and Golf 5 incorporated into one car??  (Read 2128 times)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
Polo and Golf 5 incorporated into one car??
« on: 14 November 2006, 09:58 »
Hey guys

Was talking to the stealer a few hours ago about my car. He says that news has come from VW HQ that next year they will be introducing a concept car that will incorporate both the Mk5 golf and the Polo.

He reckons that Vw is hitting a brick wall at the moment because the only real cars they have to sell is the Golf, polo and Citigolf. And each year they facelift the cars. The idea is to discontinue the golf and polo range and create a new range that is a mixture of both??

So can we expect something by the name of polf hitting international markets two years up the? :undecided:

VW reckons that the Golf is a very expensive car to produce and the polo is losing sales. :huh:

But that the deal. Has anyone heard differant? or got more details?

Thanks all

The Ultimate Club for Mini Fanatics

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline ReDBull

• I live here
Re: Polo and Golf 5 incorporated into one car??
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2006, 10:08 »
The money issue is one reason at least I think the MKVI will be coming along soon. Redesigned to save cost. The fox is made for peanuts so may be so long polo? Makes sense.
03 210 Seat LCR. Badger5 V2.2TIP, Fordge 007p, Wellycooler, Quaife ATB LSD, Nuespeed ARB's, KW Clubsports, 330mm discs, 3" turbo back de cat and still on the standard map!
My project thread: http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=241116.0

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2006, 10:12 »
Will be a pity to see the polo go....

Forgot to mention that the polo GTI would be the last of its kind :cry:
Must admit its rather spunky though.

But thats what the dealer says and most of the time they talk cr$*p anyway so there may still be hope! :grin:
Till later

Join our group now!

No PAS. No ESP. No DSC. No TCS. No ABS. Just my right foot between me and oblivion. Oh - And a seatbelt.

Offline ntg06

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2006, 23:02 »
it would help if VW made their cars look a bit different.

i mean ford seem to do ok with their focus, fiesta and ka range. peugeot has got the 307, 207 and 107. toyota have the corrola,yaris and aygo.

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #4 on: 15 November 2006, 07:25 »
Ya i agree. :angry:

Personally I think their range is wearing out. There is only a certain amount of time they can rediesign the citigolf over and over again. Like you said, Peugeot, Ford and toyota has come up with their new 2007 range and by the looks of the 30th Anniversary golf  :sick:i cant see that range going any further.
Even the creators of Smart have a brand new car out......   :undecided: That says something!

Till later

Join our group now!

Offline illyun

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 November 2006, 15:38 »
I'm not so sure.. I mean ok companies like Ford do produce new designs etc.. but mostly they are coming up with complete rubbish that no sane buyer would touch.  Having said that, VW do need to shed this 'our cars are intrinsically better than other cars/ our buyers are so loyal we don't really have to try' attitude and produce true market leading vehicles like they did in the past...  plus their dealers need to have a rocket placed somewhere between their left and right buttocks to wake them up a bit... that and some lessons in customer care and service instead of the usual 'buy the car if you want and if not then scr3w you because someone else will buy it' attitude they seem to have in abundance.
Mk1 GTI Campaign, Mk5 GTI Edition 30, Mk6 GTI (Coming Soon...)

Offline 08micsta

• I live here
  • 1982 Mini 1275 Clubby
« Reply #6 on: 16 November 2006, 07:36 »
Hey got this page from the dealer!

This looks rather wicked... Supposedly the new MK6 golf!!! Imagine the GTi. lower production costs added etc. :laugh:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/volkswagen-golf/ke164.html

What you people think?

Join our group now!

Offline vindaloo

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 16 November 2006, 21:13 »
Hey got this page from the dealer!

This looks rather wicked... Supposedly the new MK6 golf!!! Imagine the GTi. lower production costs added etc. :laugh:

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/volkswagen-golf/ke164.html

What you people think?

Looks like any other eurohatch to me, not distinctive enough