Author Topic: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done  (Read 5304 times)

Online Watts

• Forum addict
Re: MK7.5 GTI GPF Revo stage 1, has anyone had this done
« Reply #10 on: 23 February 2021, 14:30 »
Tvs is supposed to be the best for dsg.

I was looking at them, they do a 'driveability' tune for the DSG, supposed to sort a lot of the common problems.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 23 February 2021, 17:08 »
Tvs is supposed to be the best for dsg.

I was looking at them, they do a 'driveability' tune for the DSG, supposed to sort a lot of the common problems.
I'm thinking about it too 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Online Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12 on: 23 February 2021, 18:28 »
It is tempting other than causing warranty issues. Seen a few reviews and people do seem pleased with the results.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Lordie

• Here all the time
« Reply #13 on: 23 February 2021, 18:29 »
You shouldnt have any issues with DSG, manual choccy clutch is a different story!

Out of interest, what's so dodgy about doing it on a manual clutch?

I couldn't imagine having more power, my wheels spin too easily :grin: (but could be to do with my sh!tty tyres). On the other hand the GTi has such a linear acceleration combined with a quiet engine so I can easily see why people would want a remap

Offline Kpow99

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #14 on: 23 February 2021, 19:34 »
You shouldnt have any issues with DSG, manual choccy clutch is a different story!

Out of interest, what's so dodgy about doing it on a manual clutch?

I couldn't imagine having more power, my wheels spin too easily :grin: (but could be to do with my sh!tty tyres). On the other hand the GTi has such a linear acceleration combined with a quiet engine so I can easily see why people would want a remap

From what I have read the manual clutch can't handle it, DSG has two clutches to share the burden lol.

I was and am looking to Celtic Tuning.  I did buy an Emotion box to plug in and do myself so I could re-flash after service etc but the ECU on my car is a bit newer and would need a tech to do rather than DIY.  Once done though they can programme the Emotion box for me.  Service this week so I'll look at it in next few weeks.

The CT map S1 for my car takes it to about 365bhp
2019 TCR, Pure Grey, DCC/PP Revo Stage 1

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2021, 08:20 »
Doing 15-17k a year should be a big decision maker in the route you go.

I do 12-15k a year and investigated all the options last year. My conclusions was that whilst the REVO SP3 would be easiest due to plug &plug, it would still be better to a get a custom map that was specific for my car due to the stresses and types of journey I do.

I looked at REVO map installer/tuners, but all the numbers and suggestions were pretty similar and none seemed bothered about milage only 'max power'. DMS however were different and was my final decision, so if I still have the car when it falls out of warranty next year i'll be taking it there. They said they could do 320hp and 480nm, but they suggested 300hp and 450nm with a progressive (less 'spike', in my layman's terms) power banding for the remap so I would see good benefits but also remain in decent tolerances for my milage/use. They will also modify the DSG shift speed, paddle reaction speed, line pressure (clamp). They also map target RPM on downshifts for rev-matching etc

HTH :)
« Last Edit: 24 February 2021, 08:27 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 24 February 2021, 10:59 »
REVO would supply a lower boost map if you asked them directly. Their standard maps tend to be a bit boosty in my experience. My old Polo GTI 1.8t could spin up through the first three gears before moving more than a few yards in the soaking wet with minimal provocation  :grin:

Smoother less ‘spikey’ maps are definitely better for a daily driver. Big torque spikes are fun for weekend boy racer cars but aren’t good for turbo or clutch health.

Clutch pack clamping is a big benefit to handling the extra torque a remap puts through the gearbox so it’s a major reason people go for a DSG map aside from the more user friendly shift points and quicker responses.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 24 February 2021, 11:04 »
Thanks good to know! and finally do you go APR or REVO? APR offer DSG tune aswell as engine tune where as REVO just offer the engine tune. cost is about the same just dont know which one is best as it seems not many 7.5 GPF owners have done this yet. again any advise or experience appriciated

Revo have DSG software... https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/volkswagen/golf-vii/182/dsg-software-stage-1

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 24 February 2021, 13:00 »
Most tuners have dsg tunes but I think if it was me id be going with what's regarded as the best and that's TVS.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #19 on: 24 February 2021, 15:12 »
I've been running REVO stage 1 since about 2 weeks old and currently over 4 years old and 25k miles with no issues on a manual. I do have the manual map with slightly lower torque though at 450NM and 370BHP. All good here...  :wink:
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1