Author Topic: Keyless access system faulty  (Read 6368 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Re: Keyless access system faulty
« Reply #10 on: 02 March 2021, 11:57 »
Yeah, scouring the internet for the last few days .. especially as I have discovered a new door sensor , unpainted, is £178 excl vat abd fitting.  :grin:

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 02 March 2021, 12:06 »
Yes and you'll almost certainly need it coding to work with the car, unlikely a security system will be just plug and play...

Maybe its nature's way of telling you keyless is bad for you  :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 02 March 2021, 12:46 »
Tbh I like keyless.. even though that’s how my last car got stolen :whistle:
So if it’s an expensive fix then I might just disable .. but am still debating a whole change of car thing.
That price was from VW so presume they’d do the recoding as part of the fitting. 

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #13 on: 03 March 2021, 12:07 »
Will I be able to turn Kessy off with Carista? And get rid of the annoying warning message and ding

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #14 on: 03 March 2021, 12:11 »
Not sure about carista, you certainly can do it with some of the other OBD tools - you disable the controller. Somewhere on here are the instructions for the values you need to edit.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 04 March 2021, 19:00 »
Well think I’ve officially fallen out with Kessy - dealership have just quoted me £538 for a new door handle. Painted and fitted. .. oh and obv I’d have to pay for the diagnostic first.
So.. if i get carista or obdeleven I preseume I can get rid of the warning message and turn off Kessy?
Obv if the diagnostic shows it’s something cheaper I might get it sorted.
So dilemma is do I do the diagnostic, have to get a means to do it. Will I understand the diagnostic output enough to know what the issue is! Or do I let the dealer do the diagnostic ?
I’ve not much I’d want to do going forward with a diagnostic tool, though I suppose it would always be useful?
.. and not sure which tool to choose.
I realise I need to make the decision but any informed, or otherwise😃, opinions welcome!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 04 March 2021, 20:19 »
Just a couple of points, firstly you need to find out what the fault actually is. Then, at some point you will have to get it fixed afterall, any buyer is likely to notice and will probably walk away or a dealer will knock the cost off any purchase price.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #17 on: 04 March 2021, 21:32 »
Yes , know I’ve got to do diagnostic at some point .
Have yet to decide whether I’m keeping the car for a few more years or not anyway. And I might be happier getting something knocked of a p/x rather than forking out the money directly myself .. at the moment it seems like I’d be paying an awful lot for very little. Maybe after a few days I’ll come round to the idea a bit more.  :smiley: