Author Topic: advice on bluetooth  (Read 4937 times)

Offline Ze german

• Not said much yet
advice on bluetooth
« on: 05 October 2013, 21:51 »
 Hi guys just collected a 2010 candy white mk6gti and very happy  :smiley:
The dealer said the car has bluetooth and I have the phone button on stereo but when I push it the stereo volume mutes only and I cant seenm to pair my smart phone. ?
Not sure if the unit is faulty or whether it has bluetooth or not
any advice much appreciated

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
Re: advice on bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: 06 October 2013, 07:24 »
Using the right hand buttons on the steering wheel, use the < > buttons to scroll through the various menus. If bluetooth is fitted, it should come up on there.

If it is fitted, you use the menu in the cars trip computer to search for the phone, not use the phone to search for the car.

Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #2 on: 06 October 2013, 09:47 »
There should also be a small box under the front of the drivers seat if factory bluetooth is installed.

If nothing is coming up after pressing phone you probably don't have it.

You can install Fiscon Bluetooth which works via the original RNS/RCD though.
Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline Ze german

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 06 October 2013, 12:19 »
Great thanks for the advice I will check it out

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 06 October 2013, 12:53 »
You definitely don't have Bluetooth :wink:
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2013, 14:00 »
The problem with dealers is most don't know what cars have or haven't got, not like we do. He would have seen the phone button on the radio and steering wheel and assumed it had bluetooth, even tho' we know that the buttons are there regardless.

Another case of dealers lack of interest and product knowledge it seems.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline MustardGTI

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2013, 14:46 »
It's easy to check if you have the bluetooth module in a polystyrene box (held in place with velcro) under the drivers seat.

My 59 plate car does, it even has the 'shark fin' on the roof but wont connect to my phone. Dealer said the module will only connect to a couple of now old phones and that a replacement module would cost £900. Not sure I believe them.

Offline andykram

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2013, 16:13 »
I have a Samsung S3 which has stopped pairing up to the car. Loads of stuff about people having problems with that phone on the internet forums so I assume it's a Samsung software issue.
Either way, it's a pain in the a*** as I've no hands free anymore. What's more annoying still is that it worked for 6 months then has only recently stopped. Really annoying.
Anyone else had an issue with the S3?

Offline AaronMc

• Not said much yet
  • GTI Life..
« Reply #8 on: 06 October 2013, 16:32 »
My iphone doesn't pair with the Fiscon so it's pretty useless to me..

May be a fiscon software update but don't have a bluetooth laptop to update it..
Golf GTI MK6 Manual - Tornado Red with Jacara Cloth, Monza Shadows, RNS510, Dynaudio System, Fiscon Bluetooth, Front & Rear Park Sensors, ACC, Cruise Control, Winter Pack & Xenon Lights.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #9 on: 06 October 2013, 17:03 »
I fitted this kit in my Golf http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-BLUETOOTH-KIT-SEAT-SKODA-MFD3-RNS-510-RNS-310-RCD-510-RNS-315-5K0-035-730-D-/271286708809?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f29f2aa49 It works with everything except my old Blackberry. No problems with my current Galaxy Ace 2.

My Passat has factory BT, so I don't know what module that has, but again, no issues with any phone...so far.