Author Topic: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?  (Read 626766 times)

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your Mk6 today then?
« Reply #880 on: 06 September 2013, 19:12 »
Booked it in on Wednesday for a major service, brake fluid change and a dsg oil change, when I came to pick it up it had only been given a minor service, so had a big kick off in the showroom as the service guy called me a liar at which point I was going to rip his head off so I had to leave before I did something stupid!
Rang service manager when I got home explained what had gone on and he apologised and got the car picked up today to complete the servicing!
Had nothing but issues with Vw and will never buy another one as the customer service is terrible! Asked them to have a look at the diverter valve while it was still under warranty and the service guy said the technicians had never heard of a diverter valve, this is what we are up against total incompetent idiots!

Richard did you go to Leeds or Bradford?...Cant see it been Bradford branch as they have always been spot on....Please say Leeds
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Rgdogg

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #881 on: 06 September 2013, 19:30 »
Yes it was Leeds and I will never ever go there again! It's annoyed me that much I putting a complaint in and looking at changing to an S3 now!
Gti, Candy White, 3door, DSG, Leather, Rear LEDs, Bluefin, Milltek, vwr intake, Focal speakers.

Offline RocketRossUK

• I live here
« Reply #882 on: 06 September 2013, 19:47 »
Yes it was Leeds and I will never ever go there again! It's annoyed me that much I putting a complaint in and looking at changing to an S3 now!

Loool dont over react bro...Honestly, go bradford next time, good bunch of lad and the service is top.
MK6 GTI CSG | Revo Stage 2 | Revo Stage 2 Intake | Milltek 3" TB Exhaust | SuperPro Anti Lift Kit | H&R ARB's | Bilstein B12 | TT Short Shifter |Mintex M1144 Race Pads | HEL Braided Lines |

MK5 GTI - DSG + Extras (Sold because DSG was Soooo Boring !!!)

Offline Eeef

• GTI forum regular
  • Lord of War
« Reply #883 on: 07 September 2013, 12:40 »
Trust me, as an ex-Audi owner, I can assure you their service is worse!

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #884 on: 07 September 2013, 16:19 »
Big nail in n/s front tyre  :angry:  new one needed - on order. 

Second new tyre in 3 months on that wheel - begining to think it's jinxed!  Got the lovely space saver spare on till tommorow  :sick:

Cant it be repaired mate?

No such luck  :sad:  The actual nail damage could have been repaired, BUT, as it was driven on a bit (slow puncture, only evident this morning), there was further damage.  It ain't gonna be cheap!  Must spec a tyre pressure monitor on next car  :laugh:   

Still, only had 2 punctures in nearly 20 years driving so can't really complain.
you can retro fit the button on early car. Or just turn it on with vagcom and reset it with vagcom if it triggers.
Plenty of info on this on google

Thanks Snoopy, haven't got vagcom but I'll have a read on google  :smiley:
http://www.mk6golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,123.0.html

Excellent! Might look into doing that myself!

Parts total £35, I bet VW charge about £400
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Snoopy

• Serious forum addict
  • A.K.A. Geoff.
« Reply #885 on: 07 September 2013, 17:04 »
Ive got the parts just never got round to fitting them yet ::embarrassed:
I do have it turned on with vagcom for pease of mind and know it worked.
Mk6 GTI  &  Mk1 GTI 
34 years of GTI ownership.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #886 on: 07 September 2013, 17:05 »
^^ I retro-fitted this to mine having got the bits from SteveP on here. It works too!!

Offline Obbzi

• I live here
« Reply #887 on: 07 September 2013, 17:06 »
^^ I retro-fitted this to mine having got the bits from SteveP on here. It works too!!

Is it easy enough to do and how nuch did it cost for parts?
2008 R32 DBP gone. 2008 GT TDI going 2009 GTI coming soon!

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #888 on: 07 September 2013, 17:09 »
Have mine a good wash after 2 weeks in France (think bug splats on a large scale!!) then two weeks of not being able to wash it.  :sad:

Looks so much better.  :cool:

Also applied a new hydrophobic rain repellent to the windows. Will see how thus performs when it next rains.

Offline Buck

• I live here
  • Das Auto
« Reply #889 on: 07 September 2013, 17:12 »

Is it easy enough to do and how nuch did it cost for parts?

Fitting the switch was really easy. The hard bit was getting the wire through the bulk head.

To fit the wire into the ABS controller, I removed the battery - so much easier.

Finally, update in VCDS and you're away.