Author Topic: Think I'm gunna make the R-Tech call this week  (Read 768 times)

Offline Brookstar

• Not said much yet
  • 2001 GT T R-Tech remap
Think I'm gunna make the R-Tech call this week
« on: 05 October 2008, 09:56 »
Hi all , as I have said on previous posts I am a newbie having only owned my first golf for 2 weeks - an 88k 3dr 2001 1.8 T

Love the car but as we all know the are a tad on the slow side.......so I think I will make the call to R-tech and get it sorted  - unless at almost 39 years old I am too old for a remap !!!!!!!!!!

Do I need anything else other than a forge 007p valve ?

Also how will it affect my mpg......( obviously it depends how heavy my right foot is )

I have a few other little niggles as you get with a used car.....creaking front recarro's,creaking centre consoles,poor range on the remote locking / unlocking (battery ???)

Cheers All

Offline iMation

• I live here
  • G SiXtY
Re: Think I'm gunna make the R-Tech call this week
« Reply #1 on: 05 October 2008, 10:54 »
do it mate, im sure you wont be disapointed
Meh....

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #2 on: 05 October 2008, 11:01 »
The value for money is fantastic, you'll notice a huge difference as soon as you drive it away.  You don't need to do anything except upgrade your DV, preferably a Forge  :cool:

mpg should be either the same, or better, but obviously if you boot it about loads it won't be as good :P

Offline redevo1

• Here all the time
  • golt gti 1.8t AGU
« Reply #3 on: 05 October 2008, 14:15 »
Definatly do it, I went form putting the car up for sale to keeping it now and sorting the handling out. Makes the car go like the badge say's it should
God I've got a golf I'm getting old!Full Recaro leather with arse waming seats, the reason for buying a Golf!Spec: R tech remap:Eibach Fr+Rr ARB:Powerflex ARB bushes:Forge BOF DV:Silicone TIP:Induction kit:Jamex suspension:312mm big brake setup: EBC pads F+R:Vr6/g60 clutch:5mm-fr+15mm-rr spacers: Anni front & rear Valances & Anni rear roof spoiler: Silicone hose boost/Breather kit.

Offline ABOO

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 October 2008, 20:58 »
Brookstar is your GTI an AUM with KO3S? If so, be very interested to see your verdict and some figures from rolling road if possible, as R-tech is one of the maps I'm considering...keep us posted buddy :wink:
2001 aum 1.8T

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 October 2008, 08:24 »
Ive already arranged for the main man to come and sort mine.  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline Brookstar

• Not said much yet
  • 2001 GT T R-Tech remap
« Reply #6 on: 06 October 2008, 15:54 »
Call made this morning......coming later on today  :grin: :laugh: :grin: :drool:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 October 2008, 16:11 »
Ive got the AUM with the K03's mines booked in for the 28th October. Will all be sorted for the Brands hatch meet  :cool:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!