Author Topic: And yet another question....  (Read 1838 times)

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
  • If it aint broke...I can fix it!
And yet another question....
« on: 07 January 2016, 11:09 »
The inside/outside flap or door which sits above the fan in the firewall is stuck in the 'recirc' position...easily seen by removing the pollen filter, but can't be accessed from up there.

Is there a sraightforward fix for this...or do I face a life of breathing stale air? It's too cold at the moment to drive with the windows down.

As always, comments and/or advice will be welcomed.

PS. Search facility used, but returned no results.
« Last Edit: 07 January 2016, 11:15 by bgbazz »
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
Re: And yet another question....
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2016, 16:12 »
To add to the original question, posted above...

After many hours of searching and reading, it seems that the door in question is controlled by a couple of sensors...one in the control panel and the other on the dash top (in the middle of the demister vents).

Do you guys have the climatronic system in your cars and am I on the right track?
Mk4 Golf TDI Estate 4Motion, remapped 1.9. Sweet runner = keeper. She is the 66th vehicle I've owned and hopefully, the last.

Offline baker1983

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2016, 19:43 »
If I remember correctly if you take out the glovebox/glovebox panel I think it accessible from there

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 08 January 2016, 06:12 »
If I remember correctly if you take out the glovebox/glovebox panel I think it accessible from there

Yeah, I had the glovebox out yesterday...it gives me access to the fan motor which needs to come out, but I didn't want to go too far until I asked the question about a possible fix.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.  :smiley:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 08 January 2016, 17:31 »
Well, while the car is in getting new cambelt, pulleys, tensioner and water pump, I've been busy searching the web for a possible solution to the problem...seems to be a very common one and while the fix is relatively cheap, the effort involved is very off putting..unless you have hands the size of a six year old girl!!!

Wonder how long I can put it off for?  :rolleyes:

Offline bgbazz

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2016, 17:49 »
Found a six year old girl who understands English...possible solution forthcoming!  :whistle: