Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 527655 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
What detailing have you done today?
« on: 12 July 2015, 22:38 »
Did a search, but couldn't find a 'what have you done today' detailing thread, so thought it might be good to have one.  I'll kick off...

Following on from yesterday's decontamination work, today I gave a few areas a bit of a polish with the DA - a few minor marks etc, which have been bugging me.  Used an array of Chemical Guys Hex Logic pads; green, orange, white and black, with Poorboys SSR 2 and SSR 2.5 plus a bit of DoDo Juice Lime Prime, then Gtechniq Panel Wipe to remove residue.  Had planned to follow up with sealant and a coat of carnauba wax but rain put an end to that!  Will have to do that one evening after work.

Forgot to wash my red WoWo micro fibres separately so now my white hex pads are pink!  :laugh:

Speaking of which, ordered some more WoWo Drying towels (I love them) and using the forum discount, looks like I'm getting a free micro fibre/glass cloth set too, BONUS!!!  :smiley:  Also ordered a whole load of detailing stuff from cleanyourcar, as stocks are running low and getting some supplies in ready for the new motor. 
« Last Edit: 12 July 2015, 23:25 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #1 on: 13 July 2015, 05:44 »
Great idea for a long term thread!

So, having done my usual weather survey decided it wasn't worth doing my car again until this rain spell passes, I just did the interior and interior glass. The beetle got its usual weekend clean on Friday and was tucked up in the garage. That'll be filthy by the time Bev gets to work now!!!

Thanks for the order Bec, I'll make sure the team get it out to you today.

Cheers

Neil

Offline Organisys

• I live here
  • Old and Slow...
« Reply #2 on: 13 July 2015, 12:47 »
Washed two cars. Found an old bottle of AF Toughcoat, for the black car. No smears at all, happy days!

... it's turned into a fashion show for poofters.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 14 July 2015, 22:10 »

Cheers

Neil

WoWo Towels and MF set received today Neil.  Excellent speedy service as ever, thanks!

No detailing as such today but as well as the WoWo stuff, did take delivery of a nice big box of stuff from Cleanyourcar:

Aerospace 303 Protectant
Chemical Guys Speed Wipe QD
Gliptone Leather Cleaner
Gliptone Leather Conditioner
Iron X LS (lemon scent)
Poorboys Natural Look Dressing
Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner
Auto Finesse Dressle
GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer
Chemical Guys sponge wax applicators
Upholstery cleaning brush
Leather brush

So just a few bits to top up the detailing store cupboard, and ready for the forthcoming R

Skint now  :grin:
« Last Edit: 14 July 2015, 22:13 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: 15 July 2015, 07:46 »
Great line up, looking forward to the pics!

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 15 July 2015, 08:48 »
Hope you're not expecting a lemon scent from your iron x, still smells rancid haha!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6 on: 15 July 2015, 09:05 »
Hope you're not expecting a lemon scent from your iron x, still smells rancid haha!

I had my doubts when I was deciding between that and the normal one but hey ho, you can but hope.   Sounds like you did the same  :laugh:

I don't think Iron X smells that bad tbh, maybe I've just got used to it.  As for the smell of Tardis?  Mmm, I love it and have been known to linger a little too long around the can  :grin:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline KyleB

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 15 July 2015, 11:18 »
The best smelling detailing product that I've ever used has to be bouncers done and dusted quick detailed. Smells that good you could drink it.

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild shampoo smells good too

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 15 July 2015, 12:16 »
The best smelling detailing product that I've ever used has to be bouncers done and dusted quick detailed. Smells that good you could drink it.

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild shampoo smells good too

Yeah, there's some yummy smelling stuff out there, sometimes forget it's car cleaning stuff you're buying!

Still you can beat the smell of a good strong solvent IMO  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 15 July 2015, 16:57 »

Cheers

Neil

WoWo Towels and MF set received today Neil.  Excellent speedy service as ever, thanks!

No detailing as such today but as well as the WoWo stuff, did take delivery of a nice big box of stuff from Cleanyourcar:

Aerospace 303 Protectant
Chemical Guys Speed Wipe QD
Gliptone Leather Cleaner
Gliptone Leather Conditioner
Iron X LS (lemon scent)
Poorboys Natural Look Dressing
Auto Finesse Total Interior Cleaner
Auto Finesse Dressle
GTechniq C4 Permanent Trim Restorer
Chemical Guys sponge wax applicators
Upholstery cleaning brush
Leather brush

So just a few bits to top up the detailing store cupboard, and ready for the forthcoming R

Skint now  :grin:

Gliptone leather stuff is a change for you ain't it Rebecca?

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive