Author Topic: What to do with car when wheels are away getting refurbished?  (Read 883 times)

Offline recci

• Not said much yet
I want to get my wheels sent away and refurbished at Aerocoat, My wheels are a bomb scare right  now :'( and if i ever want to sell the car for decent money ill need to get them done. But I have one question. What the hell do I do with my car when it has no wheels? I have no axel stands and I dont want to pay money to buy them for a one off use! I only have one spare wheel and similarly I dont want to buy 3 steel wheels and have to pay for tyres just to use them for a week or so! And I dont fancy leaving my car up on bricks around here as some kids may try to push it over or something. Could I fit some old rusty wheels from a scrp merchant and just sit the car on ground, on the bare metal wheels? Or would this be too low? I need options.

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
See if local forum members have a spare set you could borrow?

Steve_PD leant me his wheels a couple of years back when I had mine refurbed  :smiley:

Offline Blackie20vt

• Not said much yet
I just bought myself a cheap set of monty's while i sent my wheels away. i will use them as winters from now on.

Offline Nino

• I live here
I'd just get down the Scrappys and buy some standard steel wheels shouldn't cost you more than £60ish
VW Car history
Mk3 1.8 GL - Silver - 5 door
Mk4 1.8t - Silver - 3 door
Mk4 R32 - Black - 5 door
Mk5 GTi - Black - 5 door
Mk4 R32 - Deep Pearl Blue - 3 door
MK6 2.0 TDI - Graphite Blue - 5 door
MK7 GTD - Solid Black - 5 door
MK6 GTi Edition 35 - Candy White - 3 door

Offline Dalo Harkin

• I live here
I'd just get down the Scrappys and buy some standard steel wheels shouldn't cost you more than £60ish

+1 and then use these during the winter months too, to stop your nice wheels getting wrecked again!  :wink:
ARZ K03s, Oettinger Side Skirts, R32 front, Carbon stage 2, Forge 007p (yellow spring), Forge Actuator (yellow spring), Pipercross panel filter with DSG parts, N249 and N112 deleted, SAI deleted, Carbon canister deleted, Rear wiper deleted, Long Life turbo back custom exhaust with 200 cell sports cat, VR6/G60 clutch kit, Creation Motorsport TIP, Catch can, 'Wellycooler', K04 charge pipe, S3 ported inlet manifold - looks pretty standard on the outside though :)

Offline recci

• Not said much yet
I’m in Falkirk Scotland if there is anybody near by with a set  :laugh: