Author Topic: Mk6 gti remapping problems!  (Read 5758 times)

Offline Amyyx

• Just got here
Mk6 gti remapping problems!
« on: 21 May 2017, 20:21 »
Ok so first of all, I have no idea if I'm posting in the correct place and after many hours scrolling through and googling my problem, I'm still no further forward!

My car was mapped a year and a half ago and had no issues what so ever until 4 weeks ago when the timing jumped due to a faulty tensioner (heard that's common on 10 plate) after costing me £1200 to fix that and 3 valves, the car still wasn't right and the day I got it
Back, it ended up in limp mode and engine management light came on. Back to the garage it went, changed coils, spark plugs and it needed no3 fuel injector, another £400 lighter and when driving the car, it still feels rough and when in 3rd gear at 3000rpm the car stutters and feels like it's being held back and engine light flashes. Again took it back, said he tried an air leak test which seemed to be fine and ended up taking the map off the car.

After this it seemed ok, much more sluggish than I thought and didn't really pull at all. I thought maybe a bad map and running wrong due to the timing! So I left it a week and paid again to get the car remapped. The same problem has came back with misfire in cylinder 4 with code 000772.

Anyone had this problem? Or can shed a light on it? Also had to replace the water pump few weeks before the timing due to coolant leaking (unsure if that even matters)

Hope it makes sense!

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Mk6 gti remapping problems!
« Reply #1 on: 21 May 2017, 21:14 »
Someone, somewhere has not put your car back together properly

If the car ran fine prior to the timing chain jumping then clearly it wasn't the map that was at fault  :smiley:
If it was then you would have had issues much sooner

Basically you need someone who knows what they are doing to make sure the chain etc is all properly setup

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
« Reply #2 on: 21 May 2017, 21:16 »
Cant see how the 1st map would be ok for so long and then after the timing jumped the maps wrong. Id be more inclined to say that there is something still wrong. Possible a valve isnt seated right and was somehow missed causing the misfire code

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 22 May 2017, 10:45 »
Posting in two places:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=280488

Locking this one.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity