Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529579 times)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #880 on: 10 February 2017, 22:29 »
Excellent Job, Rebecca...must say I do like the Achem's tyre dressing. You've converted me as my megs is now second best. 😎

It really is an excellent tyre dressing.  Best I've ever used (there's been a few).  I also love the chemically smell, lol.  Glad you rate it too Mr GTD. 👍
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #881 on: 13 February 2017, 21:56 »
As it's my birthday today I did what any sane person would do. I washed the car  :laugh:.

Normal procedure but tried out Dodo Juice Orange Crush for the first time as an LSP. Lovely stuff, smells great, easy to work with and the gloss it brings out is fantastic! Pics don't do it justice at all!

Before  :sick::

Afters  :cool::

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #882 on: 13 February 2017, 22:01 »
Happy Birthday!!

Very nice indeed, loving the gloss... :cool:
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #883 on: 13 February 2017, 22:44 »
Looks great Dan. Looks particularly shiny in the 2nd and 3rd photos.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #884 on: 13 February 2017, 23:49 »
Fantastic Dan.  DJ Orange Crush looks phenomenal.  I've seen it in a few mk7 Tornado Reds and works so well, really pops the colour. 

Happy Birthday to you and seems a perfectly sensible way to spend it.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline seabrook132

• I live here
« Reply #885 on: 14 February 2017, 17:20 »
Thank you all :)

2011 GTI DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, 18" Monza Shadows, Heated Leather, RNS-510, MDI, Bilstein B16 PSS10 Coilovers, Ohlins DCC Cancellation Kit, Audi TT-RS Front Top Mounts, Whiteline 24mm Rear ARB, Michelin Pilot Sport 4, 034 Motorsports Street Density Engine and Gearbox Mounts, Audi R8 Red Coil Packs, NGK BKR7EIX, Millers 5W-40 Nanodrive

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #886 on: 14 February 2017, 17:37 »
Excellent job seabrook, TR really is stunning when polished up well! And a very happy birthday to you!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #887 on: 20 February 2017, 11:19 »
Washed the red Golf on Saturday, but that wasn't without it's dramas.

The Nilfisk pressure washers started to make some very strange noises before getting extremely hot and emitting smoke. This was halfway through the initial power wash stage, so well beyond the point of no return. I drove up to my parents house to borrow my Dads Karcher. What a useless thing that turned out to be. I hadn't got enough power to wash cheese from under a foreskin, never mind shave the crud off the car. Still at least I could use it to snow foam. I was paranoid about maring the half of the car that hadn't been pre-washed, so did 3 bucket changes during that side. Much more long winded that usual, but got it all done and packed away just before it went dark.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #888 on: 20 February 2017, 12:25 »
Washed the red Golf on Saturday, but that wasn't without it's dramas.

The Nilfisk pressure washers started to make some very strange noises before getting extremely hot and emitting smoke. This was halfway through the initial power wash stage, so well beyond the point of no return. I drove up to my parents house to borrow my Dads Karcher. What a useless thing that turned out to be. I hadn't got enough power to wash cheese from under a foreskin, never mind shave the crud off the car. Still at least I could use it to snow foam. I was paranoid about maring the half of the car that hadn't been pre-washed, so did 3 bucket changes during that side. Much more long winded that usual, but got it all done and packed away just before it went dark.

Cracking turn of phrase ( :sick: ), I must try and remember it :grin:

So was the Karcher just poor compared to the Nilfisk (barring the smoking) or was that dodgy too?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #889 on: 20 February 2017, 13:22 »
I think that the Karcher lance may have been dropped, or rammed down drains too many times. It looks fairly chewed up and the spray pattern is all over the place.

I looked up Nilfisk trouble shooting, and they say to take off the high pressure hose and run water through the machine for 5 minutes. During this time it did a fair amount of coughing and sputtering as it seemed to be clearing an air lock. It seems to be OK at the moment, but I haven't run it for long enough to get really hot yet.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.