Author Topic: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti  (Read 25998 times)

Online jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti
« on: 04 March 2007, 12:46 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Re: toofunkyhouse - mk1 gti
« Reply #1 on: 05 March 2007, 05:16 »
i bought my mk1 about two years ago now, when i bought it the body work was in pritty good nick for its age. The car already had the clipper kit fitted and also had a clipper four light front grill, it had steel wheels, black rear lights and a full s/s exhaust and  a 4 into 1 manifold. It also had the gti decals down the bottom side of the car.
« Last Edit: 05 March 2007, 05:58 by Toofunkyhouse »
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 March 2007, 05:35 »
Now that i had the car i started to sort the styling out, i had the decals removed and had the side's blown over, i then fitted a single debadged grill and crystal front head lights, i also changed the front indicators from smoked to a set of crystal ones from Germany which fit the clipper bumper. I also fitted clear rear lights instead of the black ones. The next step was to sort out the suspension, i had new wish bones fitted and then had a 40mm Bilstein kit fitted at Demon Tweeks.

« Last Edit: 05 March 2007, 05:54 by Toofunkyhouse »
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 05 March 2007, 09:09 »
next up i got rid of the steel wheels for a set of TSW Catalunias which at the time i really liked but in hind site i suppose i should have gone for a more 'dub' type wheel but hey, i also fitted the chrome trim down the sides of the car and tinted the bottom half of the clear lights red.

next up i found a nice set of leather seats from a mk2 on ebay, they where in near mint condition so i decided to get them, now looking back it may have been a better idea to have just had the mk1 seats re-trimmed as i have had loads of bother trying to get the mk2 rear bench to fit!  :rolleyes:
oh and i picked up a new steering wheel as the car had a strange blue rubber wheel fitted!!!  :sick:

a set of mk2 white dials also winged them selves into the dash with a set of blue led lights from e-bay to make the dash a little more interesting at night!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 05 March 2007, 09:22 »
next after going to a few vw shows i saw a couple of cars with the black and silver plates and really thought they would suit the car, i picked up a set off the internet and have had them on the car for about 18months - touch wood i have no problems with the old bill ..... yet!  :grin:

also had little more body work done, in the form of moving the front number plate ( smoothing out all the holes) to the bottom of the bumper and fitted it to a vr6 front splitter.

ignore the chrome wipers they were a passing fase! lol  :rolleyes:  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 March 2007, 09:34 »
next up was the cat 1 alarm and imob which i had fitted with central locking so that i could de-lock the car, i also bought some chrome rear handles from Germany which look good but are made of plastic ..... but tbh you cant really tell and they do the job ( after a bit of gigger pockery!  :grin:)
I was never really happy with the 40mm drop so i invested in a set of 60mm spax springs and had these fitted but kept the bilstein shocks, also had the camber and toe sorted after the new drop!

had a few problems with the car too, poped a drive shaft in Swindon which was nice! Glad i got AA cover when i bought this car!  :smiley:

also fitted a stelth shelf in the back with some 6' 9's, still sound pritty poo tbh, think i need an amp! fitted new sony head unit and some kenwood front door speakers (standard size ones)

took the car to France just before June last year, managed to lose 5th gear on the way back and also picked up a fault at high revs! nice  :smiley:

started to get pissed off with the car after the french trip, the car also decided to blow the fuel lines under the bonnet and piss fuel all over the inlet manifold, near gassed me! lol  :laugh:  :rolleyes: oh and i was lucky the old gal didnt go up in flames!
« Last Edit: 05 March 2007, 09:36 by Toofunkyhouse »

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 05 March 2007, 09:44 »
i had a full new set of braided fuel lines fitted which i got straight from vw and then booked my car in with G star dub world. I really cant sing Tesh's mates praises enough, the guy was so sound and really sorted my car out a treat, he sorted out the running problem, had my gear box reconditioned and fitted a new clutch! All this for half the price that i thought it would be! The car runs sweet as a nut and it has 5 gears!!! which is nice!  :grin:

Now this brings me up to date just about, the car has been sat in my garage since December due to me coming away to the wonderful Camp Bastion in Afghan, i get back in April and i have to get the old gal taxed and M.O.T'ed which i hope wont break the bank! After this i am getting some new rims, Ronal LS are looking like the safest bet and should really finish off the styling of the car! Also getting the boot smoothed of wiper and badges, think i will leave the lock  on though! will sort some new pics once i have the car ship shape again!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 31 March 2007, 19:49 »
right now the car is road legal its time to get to work, the car had a fine layer of mold i guess inside which was nice! (my garage leaks like a trooper at the mo, not good for old brum!) :rolleyes:  thats all gone now and i have tied up the inside a bit! Also the rear lights were looking a tad tired, the red tint spray had gone pink in some parts so i removed the lights and re-did them, also adding some clear laquer to try and stop the red rubbing off again!

all done, looking like new again!!  :smiley:

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 02 April 2007, 16:35 »
how do! well next up on my list of things to do was to try and match the inlet manifold to the larger throttle body that i fitted (now bear in mind i have had this on about 18 months!!  :rolleyes:) well at least i got round to it in the end! lol

i used the wet tea towel in the manifold trick and then used a hover to clean all the metal shards up.

now i would have liked to have taken a little more off but the noise was pritty bad and i didnt want to p'ss the folks in my street off too much!

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 11 April 2007, 15:00 »
Hi all, well my new rims are here! i think they look mint and really suit the car!  :grin:  :cool: