Author Topic: Reputation system  (Read 8298 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Reputation system
« on: 12 February 2012, 16:44 »
Seen it on a few other sites, not sure if it will work with SMF or not.  You can have reputation systes where you thank people for advice, or as feedback when you guy and sell from them.  That way you know who is a good seller, or who gives trusted information.

With the current problems with scammers, might be worth considering?

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
Re: Reputation system
« Reply #1 on: 12 February 2012, 17:10 »
Before I get flamed for suggesting this, I am fully aware that what I'm about to suggest is probably full of flaws and not viable but hear me out anyway.

I was thinking about this last night, not quite a reputation system but what about some sort of a list of 'approved' sellers?

i.e. anyone that mods/admin have met or had a transaction with are added to a list, anyone that those people have had successful transactions with are also added etc.

I know that it wouldn't prevent anyone from scamming or being scammed but it could provide a little peace of mind, i.e. if your looking to buy from someone you can check the list to see if they have had a successful transaction in the past. This should provide you with a little reassurance at least?

Offline AudiA8Quattro

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 12 February 2012, 17:41 »
How about some sort of feedback system like ebay?
It's not 100%, but it certainly helps.
FOR DIY GUIDES GO TO <br>www.volkswagenaudi.co.uk<br/>BRAKES, SUSPENSION, CV JOINTS

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 12 February 2012, 18:23 »
Have looked at the reputation type stuff before but I don't think you can easily tie it down to classifieds sales that someone has made. You could just +1 style feedback anyone.

Unlike what someone recently said, I have put a fair amount of research into this. Where I tend to end up stuck is that the scamming is so so far in the minority of trades that you are putting in so much work to try and get rid of that tiny percentage.

E38's move is an interesting one and already it seems that an increased amount of semi-pro traders have appeared on here :grin:

One move I keep coming back to is moving the classifieds out to a totally separate bit of software that does have more of the features we might want - templates, reputation etc. Whilst it may mean everyone having to register a new account it might work well in the longer term.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #4 on: 12 February 2012, 19:46 »
You know the website best, sure you'd pick whatever solution best fits the bill  :smiley:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2012, 19:52 »
delete the semi pro traders if they aint paying to the site upkeep - simples.

as for the rest, 75% of people scammers are thick. Sorry but true.

have a nice day now  :smiley:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2012, 20:31 »
That's me well and truly fecked  :grin:

Offline RandomJord

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2012, 20:43 »
That's me well and truly fecked  :grin:

You're running the biggest scam of all san! providing actual work in return for actual money.... hang your head
Skoda Octavia VRS DSG (soon!)
Skoda Rapid Spaceback

An a Signum for towing me old caravan!

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2012, 21:30 »
Actual work?

He sits eating crisps and playing with his iPad all day!  :grin:

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
« Reply #9 on: 13 February 2012, 00:35 »
One move I keep coming back to is moving the classifieds out to a totally separate bit of software that does have more of the features we might want - templates, reputation etc. Whilst it may mean everyone having to register a new account it might work well in the longer term.

we've only been talking about it since stonor park 2005 :grin: