Author Topic: Full House!  (Read 31335 times)

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
Re: Full House!
« Reply #10 on: 07 May 2017, 15:12 »
Enjoyed ploughing through your very lengthy ramblings, all very interesting, but got to the end after some 10 minutes lol to find the CS is essentially summed up in a mere 7 words - "It puts a smile on my face."  Just about fell off my seat laughing. :grin:

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 07 May 2017, 15:20 »
Are you going to make your way through the facelift versions too? :wink:
Great write up but I was left feeling a bit unsure, using the knowledge you now have - if you were without a car, ignoring cost, which one would you go for?
No, I think I've more than had my fill of mk7's now.
It's too early in my stewardship of the ED40 to make a reasoned judgement. It still has novelty value and isn't intended as a daily driver. Having said that it would be a nice car to drive every day.

It's the "ignoring cost" bit that makes me unable to answer properly. They are all good in different ways. All have their plusses and minus points.

@brenbo, it would be great to meet up if you get chance :afro:
Glad the R novelty hasn't worn off. Yours is a pretty special example it has to be said.

@Trev after all those Golfs, all modified a little, I think I've become a bit desensitised to it all so the mere fact it makes me smile says it all. I can't offer anything scientific, just emotional.
Top speeds of any cars are academic to me.
I don't do drag races (honest officer).
The CS has a presence in the looks department and seems to handle quite well, but as I've only owned it a short time the mere fact it puts a smile on my face will have to do  :grin:

Maybe I could have just written one paragraph, I get your point!!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 07 May 2017, 15:24 by Exonian »
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 07 May 2017, 15:25 »
Nice motor mate. I've just been to the dealers to help my 18 year old niece (who passed her test 3 weeks ago), buy her first car a Polo Match edition 1.0mpi -(when did that happen that first cars were now brand new motors).....anyway, I digress. Whilst I was waiting for the sales guy to complete the paperwork as it was such a nice day, I went outside and noticed a Clubsport 5 door in CSG with the optional 19" alloys, leather interior on a 17 plate with only 2500 miles on up for £28k.

They do have a real presence about that and I'm thankful that this was a manual, as had it have been a DSG, i thought I'd have chopped my GTD there and then !

Oh thanks for the "tasteful mods" mention,  much appreciated  :grin: :grin:
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 07 May 2017, 15:37 »
'Any questions' Why are you not out driving it?
:laugh: :grin:

I bought it to clean not to drive!
It's till clean so I'm sat typing crap, full of autocorrect errors, just to keep you lot amused!  :whistle:

That's the spirit, lol.

Well I'm amused and informed and very pleased to read your impressions across the whole mk7 performance Golf family, but even more pleased to see you tempted and succumb to the lure of the CS.  You know we have to now knock up a trophy for you as you occupy a very special position now! 

Great read Mr Ex.  Admire it clean for today, get it dirty with avengence tomorrow! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 07 May 2017, 15:49 »
Once the amount of coursework dies down in a month or two I will hold you to that invite Exonian and may meet up with you in Exeter over the summer, otherwise if you are down in Cornwall in the near future let me know? 

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #15 on: 07 May 2017, 15:50 »
Thanks Mr N.
You should've gone for a drive in it, even with a proper gearbox it might have swayed you!
I hope your niece manages to keep her Polo looking new  :shocked:

Thanks Ms B too. You can always offer to knock a trophy up in your girl shed!
Knowing my luck it will rain the first time I take it out. I'll end up like one of those classic car owners who watches the weather forecast before committing to driving anywhere!
Being as the car has been living at the dealers for a while the black roof will probably need attention so I may get it properly detailed and surface coated in time. The trouble is if I do that then I'll never want to get it dirty.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 07 May 2017, 15:55 »
Once the amount of coursework dies down in a month or two I will hold you to that invite Exonian and may meet up with you in Exeter over the summer, otherwise if you are down in Cornwall in the near future let me know?

I'd better pop down and see the folks over the summer so could always drop by.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 07 May 2017, 15:59 »
Where abouts in cornwall are your folks?  I live in North Cornwall so you will most definitely go past my house enroute. 

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 07 May 2017, 16:01 »
And I should have added to my previous post, the CS is a special car and a great choice for a keeper, I sold my 7R to get one and I don't regret it one bit.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 07 May 2017, 16:04 »
This has got me looking through the VW used section now.....
+ Drive the Deal.
+ Autotrader....
My OH isn't even objecting....
So what's stopping me? Nothing in theory. Hmmm....
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.