Author Topic: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!  (Read 55708 times)

Offline hardmonkeys

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
Re: Seriously rotten mk2 gti!!
« Reply #30 on: 01 April 2015, 04:48 »
 :grin:, it mostly probably would aswell  :rolleyes:
'05 VW Golf Mk V GT TDI Laser Blue
'98 VW Golf Mk IV GTi Black
'97 VW Golf Mk III GTi
'58 VW Golf Mk V GT Sport TDI Steel Grey
'10 Audi A4 B8 SE Multitronic

'00 VW Golf Mk III.V Cabrio

MK3.5 Cabrio 2.0 8v Automatic to 2.0 16v Manual Conversion Project

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=272728.

www.dorsetautorestore.co.uk

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #31 on: 01 April 2015, 15:38 »
Picking the car up tomorrow :-)
Been to pay and check her out... there is not 1 patch of rust on her, so pleased. She is all booked in for the full service, cambelt kit, suspension and brake hoses to be done 15th April then will be MOT'd same day...
So exciting!!

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #32 on: 03 April 2015, 11:52 »
So shes home!! This car gave me the biggest smile when i drove it home, i love driving her!  :grin:

Ive put my bucket seats in because the old seats didnt fit, they wernt in the runners properly...
im on the look out for some red and back gti front seats though.

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 03 April 2015, 20:14 »
Pretty cool seats actually. Must be nice to have it home. That paintwork needs some love. Get over to the detailing section  :wink:
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #34 on: 14 April 2015, 21:47 »
Tomorrow is MOT day! Ive sorted the few little bulbs n odds and sods, hopefully it wont fail due to the seats not adjusting back and forward? But think everything will be sorted once they have changed the top mounts and fingers crossed she comes home with an MOT for the first time in 6 yrs!

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 15 April 2015, 08:18 »
How come you haven't replaced the offside front wing?
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #36 on: 15 April 2015, 18:30 »
what do you mean? Theres nothing wrong with the wings at the front. They are black on the arches as they were new a few years back and the car was painted with the bodykit on

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #37 on: 15 April 2015, 19:07 »

So today the car went in for some work and for an MOT...
Unfortunately it didnt go to plan  :cry:
The belts have been done, water pump and top mounts, also an oil change and filter... the car is sounding a lot healthier.
Unfortunately it wont pass the MOT just yet, there are a couple of bits that have been missed with the welding that need sorting... there is a hole in the rear something or other.. forgot the name... frame or something lol... there is also a patch by the rear brake compensator?
So it has to go back to the bodyshop friday for more welding. It also needs front shocks.
The MOT garage asked if it had been sat in a puddle for a long time! They said the car is orange underneath and all the parts under there are rotten on the inside... he wondered whether it had been accident damaged or something ie- driven into a pond!  :cry: :undecided:

So anyway, nothing i can do but plough on....

Offline Waspy

• I live here
« Reply #38 on: 15 April 2015, 19:33 »
The MOT garage asked if it had been sat in a puddle for a long time! They said the car is orange underneath and all the parts under there are rotten on the inside... he wondered whether it had been accident damaged or something ie- driven into a pond!

That sounds bad.

Edit: Is that a hole in the rear beam?! That is a pretty chunky bit of metal to have rotted through
« Last Edit: 15 April 2015, 19:35 by Waspy »
It's a mk2. Fill it, drive it, enjoy it.  :smiley:

Offline vw_golf_nutter

• Here all the time
« Reply #39 on: 15 April 2015, 20:12 »
yeah thats it the rear beam! yep that i indeed a hole! i have no idea how that could of gone...

i wish i could be more positive but after all the money ive wasted on this i am just in a bad place tonight