Author Topic: **MK4 GOLF 20V TURBO AUM ISSUES HELP**  (Read 13601 times)

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
Re: **MK4 GOLF 20V TURBO AUM ISSUES HELP**
« Reply #20 on: 07 August 2019, 14:35 »
And I agree, first port of call should always be get the car scanned. There is a lot to gained from reading fault codes or logging sensor data.

I never said it was explicitly a head gasket failure, but from there description it does sound like one. You implied that because you have never experienced it throughout the 35 variants of 1.8T that you have owned, that it simply cannot happen. Just because you have experienced 'crazy temperatures' from the exhaust gasses and never experienced a head gasket failure because of it, has no bearing on whether or not it can happen to a modified or standard car.

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #21 on: 07 August 2019, 14:58 »
And I agree, first port of call should always be get the car scanned. There is a lot to gained from reading fault codes or logging sensor data.

I never said it was explicitly a head gasket failure, but from there description it does sound like one. You implied that because you have never experienced it throughout the 35 variants of 1.8T that you have owned, that it simply cannot happen. Just because you have experienced 'crazy temperatures' from the exhaust gasses and never experienced a head gasket failure because of it, has no bearing on whether or not it can happen to a modified or standard car.
Any part can fail I'm not that stupid but a head gasket doesn't just go there's always a reason why it's overheated in the first place that should always be checked first before even trying to diagnose a gasket failure

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #22 on: 07 August 2019, 15:01 »
You are contradicting yourself there.

You need to find the problem first before you can diagnose why it happened....

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #23 on: 07 August 2019, 15:25 »

No I'm just not guessing what the problem is with the ops car

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #24 on: 07 August 2019, 15:30 »

And neither am I. I am merely going on the OP's description of the problem and then my own experience. I am offering up my suggestion of what I think the problem is, nothing more. I am not asking them to jump straight in and pull the head on the car. I am suggesting they look into a potential gasket failure for the source of there problem. They need to find the problem first before they can go looking for what caused it.

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #25 on: 07 August 2019, 15:35 »

And neither am I. I am merely going on the OP's description of the problem and then my own experience. I am offering up my suggestion of what I think the problem is, nothing more. I am not asking them to jump straight in and pull the head on the car. I am suggesting they look into a potential gasket failure for the source of there problem. They need to find the problem first before they can go looking for what caused it.

Well if you read it correctly you would have seen the post about the white dust how many coolants do you know that are white  :grin:

Offline davkav

• Not said much yet
« Reply #26 on: 07 August 2019, 15:37 »
This is my last post about this because obviously, only your opinion matters.

You have obviously never seen coolant boil over, spill/spray outside the expansion bottle and dry up. It leaves a white powdery residue behind akin to what the OP is describing.

Online barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #27 on: 07 August 2019, 15:43 »
This is my last post about this because obviously, only your opinion matters.

You have obviously never seen coolant boil over, spill/spray outside the expansion bottle and dry up. It leaves a white powdery residue behind akin to what the OP is describing.

My opinion was to get the car scanned by someone that knows what there doing

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #28 on: 14 October 2019, 19:41 »
*click*

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175