Author Topic: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>  (Read 10588 times)

Offline gizzywizzy

• I live here
  • Black is definitely the stealthiest colour!!
Re: >>>>WHITE GTI/GTD OWNERS - Important update on my car>>>>>
« Reply #20 on: 28 October 2009, 18:16 »
Look, colour choice is a matter for the individual who is purchasing the car and no one on this forum should be telling someone else that their colour is better because of this reason or another.  I wanted black because I like it, couldn't care less if it looks dirty or not - I love it.  Gossa went for red because that was his colour choice and Kev went for white because he fancied that, at the end of the day we all make our own choices because we can!! so get off trying to score points by slagging someones pride and joy.
Deep Black Pearl Mk7 GT TDI 150.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 28 October 2009, 18:23 »
Look, colour choice is a matter for the individual who is purchasing the car and no one on this forum should be telling someone else that their colour is better because of this reason or another.  I wanted black because I like it, couldn't care less if it looks dirty or not - I love it.  Gossa went for red because that was his colour choice and Kev went for white because he fancied that, at the end of the day we all make our own choices because we can!! so get off trying to score points by slagging someones pride and joy.

I can't see anyone posturing here... Are we not all just sharing experience and opinion here? Chill man, ETTO :afro:

Feck, I don't even own the colour i liked best.....

Blue if anyone gives a stuff   :grin:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline p3eps

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 28 October 2009, 18:30 »
so get off trying to score points by slagging someones pride and joy.

Errr... Take a step down off your high horse!  :rolleyes:
There is not a single black / red/ white / silver is sh1t comment in this thread - so I don't know what you're problem is?
A few people have simply commented on why they prefer one colour over another for keeping clean.  The original topic is about marks on a white car - and it seems to have progressed a bit from there.

Personally I think black looks amazing, but is a b1tch to keep clean.  The red car above looks fantastic, and I love white cars too... but I'm likely to go with silver as I don't have the time or facilities to wash my car every week like I used to.

I don't see how saying black is hard to keep clean is slagging it off?  Its stating a fact that 99% of people who have ever owned a black car will agree with.  If that offends you, then I appologise!
« Last Edit: 28 October 2009, 18:39 by p3eps »
Golf R... 3 door, DSG, Leather, Reflex Silver, Black 19" Talladega Wheels, ACC, Parking Sensors, RNS510 with Dynaudio, Reverse Camera, Luxury Pack, Cruise Control & Fiscon Bluetooth.

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 28 October 2009, 18:39 »
99% of people who have ever owned a black car will agree with.

Missus' A3 is black and I agree.

Sheesh, some of these MKVI'ers are hard work  :rolleyes:
MKV GTI | Reflex Silver | 5-dr | Anthracite 17" | Manual | Highline MFD | Cruise | Revision 'D' DV | Dirty Pipes |

The GTD is like a blow up doll. The GTI is like a proper woman. Sure the doll might last longer, and the woman might have higher running costs, but which would you rather have?

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #24 on: 28 October 2009, 18:48 »
Black is a bugger to keep clean but I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED  :grin:
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline Ivan

• Not said much yet
« Reply #25 on: 28 October 2009, 18:53 »
Crap, I've gone from Reflex Silver to Black :laugh:
Cancelled 2009 GTI | DBP | 5 door | Manual | Monza Shadows | Xenons | ACC | Luxury Pack |

Offline FamilyDub

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 28 October 2009, 18:54 »
Black is a bugger to keep clean but I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED  :grin:

:grin:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :lipsrsealed:

Offline simonpolly

• I live here
« Reply #27 on: 28 October 2009, 18:56 »
I`ve put 3 coats of auto glym gold paint sealer on mine,it beads really well and still looks fairly clean after its rained,its better than when i first picked it up.
Golfgti build quality is average at best.

Offline martininwillerby

• Here all the time
  • Golf GTD DSG
« Reply #28 on: 28 October 2009, 20:19 »
Hi all...

As an ex MkV Golf GTI owner in pearl black I can say it was a pain in the butt to keep clean, but when clean it looked the dogs dangles...
Hard work, plenty of wax and plenty of spare time was what was needed...
I changed my car some months ago and went for white, I too had sleepless night wondering if I'd chosen the right colour.
I'm well pleased I did as I and others think my colour choice was the right one and if I'd bought a MkVI Golf GTI I'd of gone with the same colour....

This is what my car looks like after nearly 3 weeks of not been cleaned...

This is what it looked like when it had been cleaned...

Also...

Thanks for the heads up on the paint staining issue, I've kept a good eye on mine ,but all seems ok for now....

Martininwillerby
Golf GTD DSG, RSN510, DAB, Bluetooth, Leather, 18" Charleston Shadows, Park Assist And In The Best Colour... White.
Martininwillerby

Offline ub7rm

• I live here
« Reply #29 on: 28 October 2009, 20:27 »
Yes Simon but with the black even after a full days cleaning, polishing etc, after 2 minutes you can see sh1te on it.  The red looks clean even when it's dirty but when it's clean, it looks showroom clean.....

Spot on, I had a black mk4 which looked fantastic clean but didn't take much to ruin it.  My red mk5 doesn't look too bad even when its filthy.  Clean vs clean though I prefer black but its hard work  :undecided:
2020 BMW 128ti
2017 Golf GTD Estate