Author Topic: MK7 GTI Facelift  (Read 301824 times)

Offline linc-dub

• Here all the time
Re: MK7 GTI Facelift
« Reply #1030 on: 18 April 2017, 17:56 »
I'd much sooner have the fogs, let's hope you guys whose cars are near get them factory fitted as per the brochure!
Picked up 02.09.17 Mk7.5 GTD Isaac Blue, Manual 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Keyless, 90% tints, Heated front screen, Mudflaps all round

Sep 2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Carbon Grey, Manual, 5 Drs, DCC, Reversing Camera, Sat Nav, Keyless, Sport & Sound, Mudflaps all round

2013 63 plate Mk7 GTD, Manual, 5 doors, Carbon Grey Metalic, ACC, Reversing Camera, Mudflaps front & rear - Took delivery October 2013

Offline Briggsy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #1031 on: 18 April 2017, 20:25 »
Mines at Grimsby port too so hopefully get it soon I'll report back on foggate!
« Last Edit: 26 April 2017, 17:28 by Briggsy »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1032 on: 18 April 2017, 20:28 »
I'm guessing that the answer will be that the LED headlights incorporate "all weather technology" and that you have this feature...

I honestly can't see them saying anything else and I am sure VW UK are aware of fog-gate on this forum!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #1033 on: 18 April 2017, 20:56 »
Given the choice I suppose i'd rather have them than not. I do think it looks better with. But if they're incorporated into the headlight units in some way then I could live with that.
7.5 GTD

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1034 on: 18 April 2017, 21:21 »
I'm guessing that the answer will be that the LED headlights incorporate "all weather technology" and that you have this feature...

I honestly can't see them saying anything else and I am sure VW UK are aware of fog-gate on this forum!

So you recon that they make two different headlight units for Ireland and the UK or that they thought that Ireland has had enough hardship over the years with crap weather and deserve free fog lights because of it.  :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #1035 on: 18 April 2017, 22:03 »
Each country's vw franchise make their own choices as to what is standard and what is paid for options. In Germany you get virtually nothing as standard... Still no idea what vw UK had in their minds though. Not even offering it as a option...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1036 on: 18 April 2017, 22:58 »
Each country's vw franchise make their own choices as to what is standard and what is paid for options. In Germany you get virtually nothing as standard... Still no idea what vw UK had in their minds though. Not even offering it as a option...

I kind of meant my post as a bit tongue in cheek as being Irish I know only too well what the weather is like.

Offline maxie

• Here all the time
« Reply #1037 on: 19 April 2017, 12:44 »
just been the vw dealership and fogs will not be fitted in the uk as it's built into the led daylights etc.. and he was shocked when the 7speed dsg wasn't an option on the gti..lol. as he thought it was meant to be on all new models..lol 

Offline Daz Auto

• I live here
  • Other brands of washing powder are available.
« Reply #1038 on: 19 April 2017, 13:06 »
just been the vw dealership and fogs will not be fitted in the uk as it's built into the led daylights etc.. and he was shocked when the 7speed dsg wasn't an option on the gti..lol. as he thought it was meant to be on all new models..lol
Would that be dynamic curve lighting?

So does this mean that the cars seen with fog lights, don't have dynamic curve lighting? Was that the LED option that was on the configurator?

The plot thickens.

Edit: if I had to decide between DCL and Fog lights. It would be dynamic curve lighting every time. It is a really good feature.
« Last Edit: 19 April 2017, 13:15 by Daz Auto »

10/8/2017 - GTI Performance, Red,5dr DS

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #1039 on: 19 April 2017, 13:07 »

That will be your average 'not a clue dealer' then in that case. How could any dealer dealer not know what gearbox is an option on a car they sell.