Author Topic: GTD MPG  (Read 143303 times)

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
Re: GTD MPG?
« Reply #50 on: 02 March 2011, 19:38 »

Garage rang today and told me that the gear change display can be done (theyd drawn a blank yesterday and had to ring VW technical!) but will need a software update (ECU)
So your having it enabled with a software update then? I wonder if this is a new update as when I asked the dealer if there were any updates they said no and they said it can't be enabled. I shall have to get on to them again, thanks for the info.  :wink:
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #51 on: 01 May 2011, 12:47 »
It's going to be a slow month then, but an economical one.  :evil:  :laugh:

I was put up to say this!!!!  :lipsrsealed:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #52 on: 02 May 2011, 16:00 »
Mines doing sub 7 secs 0-60 and 65mpg on a run so not that slow and I won't be stopping to re-fuel  either way  :grin:

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 02 May 2011, 16:47 »
Mines doing sub 7 secs 0-60 and 65mpg on a run so not that slow and I won't be stopping to re-fuel  either way  :grin:

Do you have to rip out the ecu to get it to do that?
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #54 on: 02 May 2011, 17:36 »

Do you have to rip out the ecu to get it to do that?

Yes but I'd say I removed it gently using the best of tools  :wink:

Some don't need to be removed btw  :wink:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #55 on: 02 May 2011, 18:30 »
 :grin:  Good man, next time we shall have to make it a overnighter - few beers etc :afro:

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #56 on: 02 May 2011, 18:45 »
:grin:  Good man, next time we shall have to make it a overnighter - few beers etc :afro:

Roger that, I'd like to have had more time to talk to everyone who attended but as you know I didn't get 5 mins apart from when Mrs Doc popped in with Baby Doc  :grin:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
« Reply #57 on: 02 May 2011, 18:47 »

Roger that, I'd like to have had more time to talk to everyone who attended but as you know I didn't get 5 mins apart from when Mrs Doc popped in with Baby Doc  :grin:

delegation my good friend  :wink:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #58 on: 02 May 2011, 18:56 »
Mine's going to be the most economical as I am going to use my Freedom Pass. As far as speed is concerned, it will be slow on the stinking tubes, but at least it's free.
This makes me Emperor Cheapskate.  :laugh:
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #59 on: 02 May 2011, 18:57 »

delegation my good friend  :wink:

Agreed but you have to know the thing inside and out before you do and I like to lead by example  :grin: