Author Topic: not an anni but its been crashed in to  (Read 1001 times)

Offline black_mk4_golf

• GTI forum regular
not an anni but its been crashed in to
« on: 15 December 2008, 23:21 »
some silly old lady decided she wanted to go all the way round the roundabout in her brand new 58 plated audi a3 an gave gave me a whach all the way down the passenger side  :sad:

had to put a lower arm on just to get it to go straight needs a wing mirror both doors a front wing head light an she even done the seal an scuffed both my wheels   an f***ed the door glass
an to top it off shes sayin its may fault when the road markings clearly say she was in the wrong lane !

not as special as an anni but its still my wee lil gti !
-  Black Golf Gti 2.0 mk4  -  Private plate  -  Black Blue Colour Concept recaro leather interior  - gti badge done with a blue ' i ' to match interior  -  R32 spoiler  - 25th Anni front splitter  -  fk highsport coilovers  -   18" nouvo black diamond cut  -

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: not an anni but its been crashed in to
« Reply #1 on: 15 December 2008, 23:22 »
Sorry to hear that mate, gutting! Gotta love insurance though, sounds like it is her fault  :smiley:
« Last Edit: 15 December 2008, 23:26 by bobbarley »

Offline dai-cymru

• I live here
  • 1989 MK2 16V
« Reply #2 on: 15 December 2008, 23:31 »
why are all these golfs getting hit, is it someone trying to make the mk 4 golf rare???

Offline azzrobz

• Here all the time
  • Mk3 GTi 16v Anni
« Reply #3 on: 15 December 2008, 23:33 »
dont think mk4 golfs are gettin rare just yet  :grin: there everywhere!!!

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 16 December 2008, 08:16 »
At this rate im gonna lock my Golf up and not bring it out till its warmer.  :shocked:

Sorry to hear that mate.  :smiley:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline AnniversaryWul

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5 on: 16 December 2008, 10:41 »
sorry to hear that mate, some1 has it in for the mk4's the now. Any pics? sounds like the damage is quite bad. They were wanna write my anni off but i argued a bit and they r fixing it now.
Gonna wrap it in cotton wool until the summer i think lol

Offline Ivor Mk4 Turbo

• Forum addict
  • 2014 PP GTi Manual
« Reply #6 on: 16 December 2008, 13:51 »
some silly old lady decided she wanted to go all the way round the roundabout in her brand new 58 plated audi a3 an gave gave me a whach all the way down the passenger side  :sad:

had to put a lower arm on just to get it to go straight needs a wing mirror both doors a front wing head light an she even done the seal an scuffed both my wheels   an f***ed the door glass
an to top it off shes sayin its may fault when the road markings clearly say she was in the wrong lane !

Sorry to hear about your car, mate.  :cry:  There's deffo some anti-Mk4 forces at work, ATM.  :(

I take it she was in the LH lane of a double-laned island & decided she needed to go right??

I had this happen to me, years a go.  Other guy was totally at fault, but the ins. got put through as a 50/50, which I couldn't believe at the time.  Apparently, that's how 99% of roundabout claims end up, though - 50/50!!!
Current Car:- 2014 GTI PP manual, white.

Make way for..... 'The Silver Bullet'! 227 bhp, KO3-S'd AGU, R-TECH Spec 2 map 8), Forge 007P, Blueflame Turbo-back, Eibach -30mm's, YellowStuff front/RedStuff rear pads, Goodridge braided lines, TT Short-shifter, R32 Dogbone, TT W/B bushes, Forge TIP, G60 fly/VR6 clutch, 5.5 ltr washer bottle,

Car now for sale >>> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=140614.0

Offline black_mk4_golf

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7 on: 16 December 2008, 17:47 »

had to put a lower arm on just to get it to go straight needs a wing mirror both doors a front wing head light an she even done the seal an scuffed both my wheels   an f***ed the door glass

Sorry to hear about your car, mate.  :cry:  There's deffo some anti-Mk4 forces at work, ATM.  :(

I take it she was in the LH lane of a double-laned island & decided she needed to go right??

I had this happen to me, years a go.  Other guy was totally at fault, but the ins. got put through as a 50/50, which I couldn't believe at the time.  Apparently, that's how 99% of roundabout claims end up, though - 50/50!!!

yea it was indeed exactly as described   ive loads of photos an got pics off google earth etc so im not gonne let this one go   as i havent got any no claims as yet
-  Black Golf Gti 2.0 mk4  -  Private plate  -  Black Blue Colour Concept recaro leather interior  - gti badge done with a blue ' i ' to match interior  -  R32 spoiler  - 25th Anni front splitter  -  fk highsport coilovers  -   18" nouvo black diamond cut  -