Author Topic: How much would you pay?  (Read 772 times)

Online oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
How much would you pay?
« on: 06 February 2024, 07:53 »
This may have already been asked here but I’m curious to know. How much would you pay for a photographer to spend a couple of hours/half day/full day taking pictures of your car for you?

This could include a framed print and obviously all the digital images. Amount would depend on the length of the shoot but let’s say 20/30 images.

I’m seriously considering a career change and wondering if there might be something here.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline BillSan

• Here all the time
Re: How much would you pay?
« Reply #1 on: 06 February 2024, 08:31 »
I hope this helps but my answer is that I wouldn't pay anybody to take pics of my car. 

I like to look at my car (before I get in!) and try to keep it clean because it looks so much better when that's done, but I found it a bit odd when people had screensavers of their own cars and I certainly wouldn't put a photo of my car in frame.

That might just be me though and if there is a market I wish you every success.   

If you can make a living, doing what you love, then go for it!!
Pure White Mk8 Clubsport
TD Motorsport Pro Y Spoke Wheels
1899 Software but new s/wheel & no bongs since 4/1/24

Gone: Mk7.5 GTE

Online Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 06 February 2024, 08:41 »
I hope this helps but my answer is that I wouldn't pay anybody to take pics of my car. 

I like to look at my car (before I get in!) and try to keep it clean because it looks so much better when that's done, but I found it a bit odd when people had screensavers of their own cars and I certainly wouldn't put a photo of my car in frame.

That might just be me though and if there is a market I wish you every success.   

If you can make a living, doing what you love, then go for it!!

Like you, I very occasionally take a picture on my phone, usually to post on here when somebody starts a ‘Come on, show your cleaning efforts’ etc. but I’d never pay for one or have as a screen saver / framed photo.
I’m guessing if the OP has all the camera gear already your overheads would be pretty minimal (travel etc) so good luck anyway.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Online oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 06 February 2024, 15:07 »
Totally fair, thank you for the input.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
« Reply #4 on: 06 February 2024, 18:05 »
Why limit yourself to a niche market that would be unlikely to support you full time? If you considered motoring in general or motorsport, would that not be feasible as a career?

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 February 2024, 18:32 »
I'll PM you
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/