Author Topic: 1.8T Remap in SouthWest  (Read 7764 times)

Offline Philpy

• Here all the time
1.8T Remap in SouthWest
« on: 14 November 2008, 17:47 »
I live in Cornwall and am in desperate need of a remap. Now I would love to go to R Tech from what Ive read on here, but they are over 4 hours away....
And I spoke with them over email and they arent to keen to come down, (Tis a long way) So any other suggestions?
So far Ive got a revo near by, but heard bad things (And its expensive)
Or its www.celtictuning.co.uk who I havent heard much about....

Im still considering driving to R tech but its nearly a 900 miles return.....
« Last Edit: 14 November 2008, 20:13 by Philpy »

Offline tonym1

• Not said much yet
Re: 1.8T Remap in SouthWest
« Reply #1 on: 14 November 2008, 17:53 »
give rk engineering a ring at st agnus  or give simon coe a ring at upsolute i had mine upsoluted when i had my mk 4 he will come to youre house and do it . rk  are the custom code guys  and do a first class job  .  so does simon coe i had mine done and my son had his polo gti done by him. were abouts are you im in bodmin

Offline Philpy

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 14 November 2008, 17:58 »
I think custom code is expensive aswell?, absolute, how much are they?
I reckon I know who you are actually, I came with my mate to buy your Jazz blue?

Offline tonym1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 14 November 2008, 18:25 »
yeah thats right  hows the jazz blue  custom code got a deal on now i think are you a member on uk mk4  they got a deal on there for custom code  you can check it out on the custom code wesite  and upsolute is not too expesive around 300 pound i think go on upsolute and check their prices

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #4 on: 14 November 2008, 18:30 »
Hello

You best local option is www.celtictuning.co.uk. I have passed a few customers on to them and all of them have called me to say they where happy with the remap and service.   The wil also come to your home or works address.

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands

Offline tonym1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 14 November 2008, 18:42 »
sorry to disagree but rk engineering are the best bet in my opinion they are custom code agents and are very knowlegeable as they own vws them self. if you speak to all the guys on oem+ they will let you know about the guys down there i will be paying them a vist when i can afford to remapp the mkv   :smiley:

Offline Philpy

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 14 November 2008, 20:17 »
Umm keep the opinions coming guys..  :grin:

Tonym1, yeah your old golfs going fine, he's had to do a few bits but generally ok I think.

Offline tonym1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 14 November 2008, 20:22 »
glad to hear   that car did me very well would still have it apart from buying the mk5

Offline golfgtidan

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 18 November 2008, 18:22 »
im from plymouth and had mine done by nick and ben at R-tech!  :smiley:

K J M Services (sw ltd) - custom code dealer..
« Last Edit: 18 November 2008, 18:25 by golfgtidan »

1999 1.8t : Winter Pack : Kamei Mesh Grille : Forge 007p D/V : Carbonio Cold Air Intake : R-tech remap : 18" Toora Alloys : -30mm Eibach Springs : Smoked Side Repeaters : Hella Magic Colours Rear Lights : Hella Black Headlights : "hid" Headlight Conversion : Aero Blades Front & Rear: ECS KVW100 Window Control Module : Milltek resonated cat back

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2008, 19:56 »
Hello,

We will have the powergate s back in stock next week, The powergate s is a state of the art self remapping tool, we send you the tool, you read the file from your car and email it to us, and we will provide a tuned back which you can write to your car.

The price will be a bit more than the std remap, but you can reuse the tool on your next car then you will get a cheaper remap as you will only need to buy a tune file from out database.
http://www.alientech-to.it/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemid=27

If you dont like the idea of the Powergate then I will have a word with ben and see if he would come to you as a one off , because I know you rea really keen.

Nick

Nick

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands