Author Topic: 115 MK4 GTI  (Read 7560 times)

Offline Scodge

• Not said much yet
115 MK4 GTI
« on: 28 March 2011, 12:00 »
Hi guys

The answer to this is probs somewhere on the site but am a lazy begger  :laugh:, what options are there available for a 115 2.0 gti. 51 plate, its a lovely motor but for a 2.0 car it must have a bit more to it in the engine department ,just seems to be holding back a bit..

Cheers
Ian 

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
Re: 115 MK4 GTI
« Reply #1 on: 28 March 2011, 12:24 »
Not a lot can be done tbh.

Offline Scodge

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 28 March 2011, 21:43 »

just my luck.. its a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing, but still a belter looking motor and drives superb, maybe best not messed with, cheers

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #3 on: 28 March 2011, 23:50 »

just my luck.. its a bit of a sheep in wolves clothing, but still a belter looking motor and drives superb, maybe best not messed with, cheers

Should have got a 1.8 turbo.  :smiley:

Offline Scodge

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 29 March 2011, 16:16 »

Should have got a 1.8 turbo.  :smiley:

Just fell in love with the car lovely black, leather recaros totally mint 70,000 miles 1 owner, looks stunning and drives beautiful, just lacks a bit power mid range.. needs a set of wheels its got RS4s on which are curbed to hell and the centre caps missing which aparently are going to cost 60 quid upwards plus delivery.. er fck that !!! so maybe a set of alloys is in order  :laugh:

Offline DubAndDubber

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 20 April 2011, 23:39 »
Im suffering with the same problem! I've noticed a bit of difference as i've got a full pipercross induction, powerflex dogbone, and the most important performance mod-taking the spare wheel out!

give it a nice full service aswell, ive driven alot of golfs and mines one of the smoothest!

just need to keep saving for the 1.8t!
Mk5 Golf Gti 06'

Offline marmalade86

• Just got here
« Reply #6 on: 25 April 2011, 20:08 »
i have the same model (unfortunately no leather interior which i would kill for)
i know what you mean about the lack of power sometimes, i just love the smooth running! theres a noticable difference between my 1.6 focus company car :-)

as far as the alloy centres get some off ebay £6 for 15" but may be slightly more for larger wheels, then coat them with 3 layers of clear lacquer using a hot air gun/hairdryer and they look shinny and as smart as genuinne centres. had mine on for 2 years and still look mint

Offline rowley177

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 03 August 2011, 12:43 »
I have the non turbo version, got the leather put in and once a new engine is fitted its got a magnaflo cat back, inclosed ind kit, kent cam's and will have some head work done witha Remap, should get in the figures of at least 160ish im hoping, you will never get fuigures near the 1.8 T version tho.

Head work and cam's is the way forward, that straight from a VW mechanic who works onthwe motorsport side.

Offline Wayne

• Sir Postalot
« Reply #8 on: 03 August 2011, 12:56 »
I have the non turbo version, got the leather put in and once a new engine is fitted its got a magnaflo cat back, inclosed ind kit, kent cam's and will have some head work done witha Remap, should get in the figures of at least 160ish im hoping, you will never get fuigures near the 1.8 T version tho.

Head work and cam's is the way forward, that straight from a VW mechanic who works onthwe motorsport side.

With respect even with all that work you will not see 160bhp  :smiley:

Offline RTechUK

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • R-TECH OFFICE 01455 617233
« Reply #9 on: 03 August 2011, 14:26 »

With respect even with all that work you will not see 160bhp  :smiley:

+1

Been tuning NA cars now for 12 years and to get from 115bhp to 160bhp is a major task, when we tune the 2.0l C20XE redtop engines stock power (152bhp) with fast road cams, direct-to-head, throttle bodies, Omex D600 wated spark ecu ect we find it hard to get gains of 35bhp peak.

R-Tech Customer Feedback / Reviews
http://r-techpower.co.uk/r-tech-feedback.php
VW AUDI SEAT SKODA 1.8T-1.9TDi -2.0TFSI  Tuners

01455 617233
http://sticky-vnt.co.uk Midlands