Author Topic: Mk5 gt tdi  (Read 3575 times)

Offline Mk2Gti8v

• Not said much yet
Mk5 gt tdi
« on: 16 February 2004, 09:47 »
Had a drive of the new gt tdi 2.0 golf on saturday, and what can i say! very impressive, the handling and ride is so much better than the mk4, over bumpy backroads the mk5 excels. There is not as much turbo lag as you get with the mk4 gt tdi (which i had the pleasure to drive on the friday) what  i liked in the mk 4 was feeling of having no power then at 2000 rpm you get the smiles:-)

so all in all a great weekend for me.  

turbo

Re:Mk5 gt tdi
« Reply #1 on: 18 February 2004, 00:50 »
excells on bumpy roads that will do for uk then......

Offline arcadia

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 25 February 2004, 17:25 »
hmmmm - had a test run in Stanwell VW's demo at Boston. Nice home of crap roads.

well, currently driving, or should I say thrashing, about in my 53 plate TDI 150. I don't think there is anything fundamentally wrong with the mk4 (certainly like mine), but the mk5 seemed too high on the road.

we had a good blast around some pretty good winding B-roads and then tried on a good stretch of A road. I was amazed at the responsive handling of this 'bigger' car. She is a lot stiffer in the corners and there seems to be no danger of approaching the imit that you can occassinally get in the mk4. (sure we've all had the brown trouser mk 4 moment  :-\ - no need for sexual references I feel)

but my money will be going on the new a3 tdi quattro. bring it on. maybe i'll start a3tdi.co.uk..........  ::) http://

Offline antgti

• Here all the time
  • 130PD Gti with Van aaken chip to 165 has now gone,
« Reply #3 on: 15 March 2004, 23:47 »
Ummmh, new diesel is'nt quick enough fo my liking, i had a test drive in one last week and i gotta admit that the power delivery is not the same as my chipped 130, the only thing is i am confident in my mk4 in a straight line, but  as soon as a corner approaches i slow right down cos it's got sh!t handling.  The mk5 was a lot better but i still say that the sh!tty focus Diesel i had before my golf was not amazing on performance but i could cane that thing around the country roads (in the middle of the night) it would hand brake turn like a 205 gti, lift off oversteer the lot, but the mk5 did'nt handle anywhere is good as the focus (not that i got to do any of that stuff with the salesman sitting next to me. hopefully the GTi will sort this, but i gotta say ford still seem to be building the best handling cars out there at the moment, may be i'll have to put a deposit down for the new Fiesta RS......
Me old diesel was quick/........

16.004 sec Qtr mile @ 85mph 23/5/04 Santa Pod

Now running around in soon to be REVO'd Seat ibiza 1.8T 20v FR and missing the fuel economy..............

Offline gtiman

• Not said much yet
Re: Mk5 gt tdi
« Reply #4 on: 15 February 2005, 19:22 »
JUST ORDERED MY MK5 GT TDI

Quite an improvement as you say handling wise on my current anv tdi, performance only fair but then again mine has 220 Bhp (revo switchable), mk5 will be chipped as soon as revo has program available, as on inquiry told that It was not quite there as they were having problems with repeated switching on and off.

If you like to buy a very quick aniversary tdi contact me